The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

+10
Jesse Lindgren
kyokoong
Kami-sama
The Godfather
Sharonl
Canada Aquarium
brandon_g
Ape
SLGray
frontier gander
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In progress [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by frontier gander November 22nd 2016, 5:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Other
Who the problem concerns : A few members
When the problem appeared : Mobile Version
Forum link : http://www.FrontierMuzzleloading.com

Description of problem

Got a few messages and basically they all have gone this way "I absolutely can not log-in from my Iphone or Ipad. I "can" log-in from my computer. I changed my password, logged-out from the site from my computer but can not log-in from IPhone or Ipad. seems like this just started in the last few days. "

It seems like once the upgraded mobile version was added, some of my members are unable to log in using a mobile device.

I can log in with no problems on my phone so maybe there is a permissions setting that I need to look into or its a problem at their end.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Also, where in the Admin panel can I find something to do with the mobile version? I've found one area under Display, but that seems to just be for Templates.

Jonathan

Staff edit: Made into only topic ~ brandon_g
frontier gander
frontier gander
Forumember

Male Posts : 160
Language : english

http://www.FrontierMuzzleloading.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by The Godfather January 25th 2017, 2:48 pm

Hello,

For those who have mobile log in problem, please ensure that the "log in automatically" checkbox is checked before you log in to your account and see if you still have the session loss problem ?

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 25-01-10

It's important to check that this checkbox is checked before logging in because on mobile data, your IP address changes according to the relay antennas that allow you to connect to the network which could cause you to lose your Session if you did not check this box before logging in.
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by Kelseaem March 22nd 2017, 1:44 pm

Hello!
I just updated my IPhone last night and today, for the past 7 hours, I cannot log in when I'm in a not-private mode. When I'm in normal mode I can't log in my forum and I couldn't log in here.
The issue is in Safari (I don't use other browsers).
When I switched to private mode it logged me in
Kelseaem
Kelseaem

Female Posts : 5
Language : Bulgarian

http://pulvisetumbrasumus.bulgarianforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 22nd 2017, 7:30 pm

Kelseaem wrote:Hello!
I just updated my IPhone last night and today, for the past 7 hours, I cannot log in when I'm in a not-private mode. When I'm in normal mode I can't log in my forum and I couldn't log in here.

hello this is a problem we know about.
What we are asking members to do is to click the keep e logged in before trying to log in this should help.

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Left1212[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Center11[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Right112
[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Ape_b110
[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19123
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelseaem March 22nd 2017, 7:56 pm

APE wrote:
Kelseaem wrote:Hello!

hello this is a problem we know about.
What we are asking members to do is to click the keep e logged in before trying to log in this should help.

I always keep that option ticked.
I just tried ticking it off and on again but still no luck logging in when I'm normal mode Sad
Kelseaem
Kelseaem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 22nd 2017, 9:33 pm

can you Please tray and clear browser cache and try again.

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Left1212[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Center11[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Right112
[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Ape_b110
[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelseaem March 22nd 2017, 9:41 pm

APE wrote:can you Please tray and clear browser cache and try again.

Still can't log in Sad
Edit: I restarted my phone and it logged! Thank you for the help Love
Kelseaem
Kelseaem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 22nd 2017, 10:32 pm

you are welcome just remember we use a lot of cookies on the system so sometimes when resetting your browser it sometimes needs a phone reset as well

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by felicity4us2 April 4th 2017, 8:05 pm

I am sorry that I didn't see this post many months ago. The problem 'is' the cookies. The new update on apple devices was set to 'block cookies', for us anyhow. You have to go into setting, Safari (or whatever browser) and 'block cookies', then, click 'allow'. Otherwise, you just go in circles trying to log in - and, you get no errors telling you why - you just can't log in anywhere. We did not have to reset the phone, but probably a good idea.

We have had this announcement on our forum since the update happened. Might be a good idea to post it.
felicity4us2
felicity4us2
Forumember

Language : english

http://igdid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g April 5th 2017, 5:03 am

felicity4us2 wrote:I am sorry that I didn't see this post many months ago. The problem 'is' the cookies. The new update on apple devices was set to 'block cookies', for us anyhow. You have to go into setting, Safari (or whatever browser) and 'block cookies', then, click 'allow'. Otherwise, you just go in circles trying to log in - and, you get no errors telling you why - you just can't log in anywhere. We did not have to reset the phone, but probably a good idea.

We have had this announcement on our forum since the update happened. Might be a good idea to post it.

Thanks for posting this information Felicity, I am sure this will be helpful to many members with this issue. Smile

-Brandon

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Brando10
Remember to mark your topic [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 27th 2017, 5:44 pm

Just so you know I have the exact same issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g June 27th 2017, 10:47 pm

felicity4us2 wrote:I am sorry that I didn't see this post many months ago. The problem 'is' the cookies. The new update on apple devices was set to 'block cookies', for us anyhow. You have to go into setting, Safari (or whatever browser) and 'block cookies', then, click 'allow'. Otherwise, you just go in circles trying to log in - and, you get no errors telling you why - you just can't log in anywhere. We did not have to reset the phone, but probably a good idea.

@Wing6704 , Please try felicity's solution above and see if that solves your problem.

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Brando10
Remember to mark your topic [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads - Page 2 Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2