[Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In progress [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by frontier gander on Tue 22 Nov - 18:47

First topic message reminder :

Technical Details


Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Other
Who the problem concerns : A few members
When the problem appeared : Mobile Version
Forum link : http://www.FrontierMuzzleloading.com

Description of problem

Got a few messages and basically they all have gone this way "I absolutely can not log-in from my Iphone or Ipad. I "can" log-in from my computer. I changed my password, logged-out from the site from my computer but can not log-in from IPhone or Ipad. seems like this just started in the last few days. "

It seems like once the upgraded mobile version was added, some of my members are unable to log in using a mobile device.

I can log in with no problems on my phone so maybe there is a permissions setting that I need to look into or its a problem at their end.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Also, where in the Admin panel can I find something to do with the mobile version? I've found one area under Display, but that seems to just be for Templates.

Jonathan

Staff edit: Made into only topic ~ brandon_g
avatar
frontier gander
Forumember

Male Posts : 144
Reputation : 0
Language : english

http://www.FrontierMuzzleloading.com

Back to top Go down


In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by The Godfather on Wed 25 Jan - 15:48

Hello,

For those who have mobile log in problem, please ensure that the "log in automatically" checkbox is checked before you log in to your account and see if you still have the session loss problem ?



It's important to check that this checkbox is checked before logging in because on mobile data, your IP address changes according to the relay antennas that allow you to connect to the network which could cause you to lose your Session if you did not check this box before logging in.
avatar
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2987
Reputation : 401

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by Kelseaem on Wed 22 Mar - 14:44

Hello!
I just updated my IPhone last night and today, for the past 7 hours, I cannot log in when I'm in a not-private mode. When I'm in normal mode I can't log in my forum and I couldn't log in here.
The issue is in Safari (I don't use other browsers).
When I switched to private mode it logged me in
avatar
Kelseaem
New Member

Female Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : Bulgarian

http://pulvisetumbrasumus.bulgarianforum.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by APE on Wed 22 Mar - 20:30

@Kelseaem wrote:Hello!
I just updated my IPhone last night and today, for the past 7 hours, I cannot log in when I'm in a not-private mode. When I'm in normal mode I can't log in my forum and I couldn't log in here.
The issue is in Safari (I don't use other browsers).
When I switched to private mode it logged me in

hello this is a problem we know about.
What we are asking members to do is to click the keep e logged in before trying to log in this should help.



avatar
APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12118
Reputation : 1230
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by Kelseaem on Wed 22 Mar - 20:56

@APE wrote:
@Kelseaem wrote:Hello!
I just updated my IPhone last night and today, for the past 7 hours, I cannot log in when I'm in a not-private mode. When I'm in normal mode I can't log in my forum and I couldn't log in here.
The issue is in Safari (I don't use other browsers).
When I switched to private mode it logged me in

hello this is a problem we know about.
What we are asking members to do is to click the keep e logged in before trying to log in this should help.

I always keep that option ticked.
I just tried ticking it off and on again but still no luck logging in when I'm normal mode Sad
avatar
Kelseaem
New Member

Female Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : Bulgarian

http://pulvisetumbrasumus.bulgarianforum.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by APE on Wed 22 Mar - 22:33

can you Please tray and clear browser cache and try again.



avatar
APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12118
Reputation : 1230
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by Kelseaem on Wed 22 Mar - 22:41

@APE wrote:can you Please tray and clear browser cache and try again.

Still can't log in Sad
Edit: I restarted my phone and it logged! Thank you for the help Love
avatar
Kelseaem
New Member

Female Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : Bulgarian

http://pulvisetumbrasumus.bulgarianforum.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by APE on Wed 22 Mar - 23:32

you are welcome just remember we use a lot of cookies on the system so sometimes when resetting your browser it sometimes needs a phone reset as well



avatar
APE
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 12118
Reputation : 1230
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by felicity4us2 on Tue 4 Apr - 21:05

I am sorry that I didn't see this post many months ago. The problem 'is' the cookies. The new update on apple devices was set to 'block cookies', for us anyhow. You have to go into setting, Safari (or whatever browser) and 'block cookies', then, click 'allow'. Otherwise, you just go in circles trying to log in - and, you get no errors telling you why - you just can't log in anywhere. We did not have to reset the phone, but probably a good idea.

We have had this announcement on our forum since the update happened. Might be a good idea to post it.
avatar
felicity4us2
Forumember

Posts : 345
Reputation : 9
Language : english

http://igdid.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by brandon_g on Wed 5 Apr - 6:03

@felicity4us2 wrote:I am sorry that I didn't see this post many months ago. The problem 'is' the cookies. The new update on apple devices was set to 'block cookies', for us anyhow. You have to go into setting, Safari (or whatever browser) and 'block cookies', then, click 'allow'. Otherwise, you just go in circles trying to log in - and, you get no errors telling you why - you just can't log in anywhere. We did not have to reset the phone, but probably a good idea.

We have had this announcement on our forum since the update happened. Might be a good idea to post it.

Thanks for posting this information Felicity, I am sure this will be helpful to many members with this issue. Smile

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6770
Reputation : 619
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by Wing6704 on Tue 27 Jun - 18:44

Just so you know I have the exact same issue.

Wing6704
Forumember

Male Posts : 74
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Post by brandon_g on Tue 27 Jun - 23:47

@felicity4us2 wrote:I am sorry that I didn't see this post many months ago. The problem 'is' the cookies. The new update on apple devices was set to 'block cookies', for us anyhow. You have to go into setting, Safari (or whatever browser) and 'block cookies', then, click 'allow'. Otherwise, you just go in circles trying to log in - and, you get no errors telling you why - you just can't log in anywhere. We did not have to reset the phone, but probably a good idea.

We have had this announcement on our forum since the update happened. Might be a good idea to post it.

@Wing6704 , Please try felicity's solution above and see if that solves your problem.


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6770
Reputation : 619
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum