The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change from darkbb to forumotion

Go down

In progress change from darkbb to forumotion

Post by Guest February 22nd 2017, 5:12 pm

Today Norton Security is telling me my site on the darkbb umbrella is unsafe, yet the forumotion umbrella is safe. In the admin panel under Forum Address I can change the forum name and there is also a drop down box with the choice of darkbb.com or forumotion.com. Does this mean that I can change from the darkbb it is at the moment to the forumotion one without losing anything on my forum? I have had to try and verify my site as safe with Norton Safe Search but it keeps failing and saying the site is unsafe. As the forumotion sites are being classed as safe I would like to change to forumotion from darkbb. Is it as simple as it looks? I don't want to make the change unless I know I'm not going to lose anything.

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: change from darkbb to forumotion

Post by SLGray February 22nd 2017, 10:15 pm

You will not loose anything, except your SEO ranking.  When you change your forum's link, search engines have to index your forum again to get the correct links.

There will be a short period of time in which members who use the old link will be redirected to the new one.

change from darkbb to forumotion Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down