The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading?

+4
Ange Tuteur
Ape
moonkrj
JennyorAlice
8 posters

Go down

Reading? Empty Reading?

Post by JennyorAlice August 21st 2017, 3:55 pm

Are you someone that likes to read? Do you only read when you are forced to do it? If you do like to read, what sort of books to you enjoy reading? How much time do you spend reading a day? Where do you get all your books from?
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
Language : U. S. English

https://literatureaddict.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Reading? Empty Re: Reading?

Post by moonkrj September 26th 2018, 8:05 am

Hello

So many questions Very Happy I'm actually new to the forum, but the topic about reading is just for me - guess I'm the person that reads everything and everywhere - by everywhere I mean literally everywhere: in transport, in restaurants, in all public places. Sometimes, I read with such enthusiasm that I don't notice what happens next to me. And believe me or not, there were such weird situations that I'm just embarrassed to tell here lol - perhaps, will tell later Reading? 1f609
My favorite genres are mostly horror and thrillers, but generally I read everything like I mentioned before. What do you read? What are your favorite books?

RJ
moonkrj
moonkrj

Male Posts : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice September 26th 2018, 11:22 pm

I read from a lot of different genres like horror, thriller, fantasy and science fiction. I will read an occasional romance novel but not very often.

I'm currently reading...

- "The Women in the Walls" by Amy Lukavics (hardcover)
- "The Haunting of Ashburn House" by Darcy Coates (e-book)
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
Language : U. S. English

https://literatureaddict.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 27th 2018, 1:58 am

I really hates to read.
I always get told off for not reading things before i do anything.
When I was at school I would get told to stand up and read to the class and I always found it hard to do and then the guys in the class would make fun of me.

I was never any good at school and I feel I picked most of what I know after I left school, in my job now I have to read everything 2 or 3 times to get things right.

I have just one book i have next to my bed and that is a book I loved the story of when I was a kid.
I love Robinson Crusoe that was the book I was read at bed time from my mum to help me sleep and that is the only book I read to my kids now at bedtime.

Reading? Left1212Reading? Center11Reading? Right112
Reading? Ape_b110
Reading? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19144
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur September 29th 2018, 4:02 pm

As a kid I used to read quite a few horror books, namely Goosebumps and some other titles I can't quite remember, also read a few classics as well. Nowadays I don't read too much, but when I do it's usually something technical or linguistic. I'll probably pick up some books in the near future in Japanese to help reinforce and practice my reading skills for it, and considering my proficiency I'll be shooting for children books.

@APE sadly, kids can be cruel, mostly because they don't understand people can have difficulties with such things. My brother is dyslexic, so sometimes I have to help him read or write things, but over time he has gotten a lot better. School has varying results for everyone, because not everyone learns or understands things in the same manner, for example, you might not understand the teacher's explanation, but you could understand your friend's explanation instead. Sometimes having a different perspective can make the whole difference, and of course learning at your own pace and doing things you're comfortable with helps even more. Despite your tough time at school, it sounds like you've grown into an awesome father. Wink
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 29th 2018, 11:56 pm

Ange Tuteur wrote:

@APE sadly, kids can be cruel, mostly because they don't understand people can have difficulties with such things. My brother is dyslexic, so sometimes I have to help him read or write things, but over time he has gotten a lot better. School has varying results for everyone, because not everyone learns or understands things in the same manner, for example, you might not understand the teacher's explanation, but you could understand your friend's explanation instead. Sometimes having a different perspective can make the whole difference, and of course learning at your own pace and doing things you're comfortable with helps even more. Despite your tough time at school, it sounds like you've grown into an awesome father. Wink

Aww thank you so much @Ange Tuteur I have done so much to get to where i am now I still to this day find it hard to read books and I read as much as i have to.

School was always a problem for me as I was never happy at school. '

I tell my son when he goes to play school I say do your best son and if you don't understand ask the teacher for more help there is nothing wrong with not understanding something it's always better to ask.

I do my best to help my kids in any way i can and i will always tell then a story at bed time even if im at work i do a video call from my office. the funny thing is i don't need a book lol i love making my own short storeys up it's more fun LOL

I feel for your brother as I think maybe im dyslexic but back then i was never tested and they say it's not that easy to test some one at my age. I get on as much as i can and I think I do well.

I have a full time job i have 2 kids and work here and am always happy to take on new things.

my only problem is i hate reading books lol

Reading? Left1212Reading? Center11Reading? Right112
Reading? Ape_b110
Reading? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19144
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 30th 2018, 12:14 am

I also had trouble with reading in school.  It was not until I was in the 6th or 7th grade that I learned that I had a form of dyslexia.  Basically the form I had affected comprehension.  I went to a class after I finished my regular school day.  In this class, I learn phonics.  By my freshmen year, I was doing much better.  The first six weeks I was switched from special education to normal English class.

Reading? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelina Smith February 19th 2019, 10:35 am

I am a voracious reader & find it hard to pass a day without reading books. I devote at least an hour a day for reading & incline to read books that fall into either of these categories: biography/autobiography, self-help/motivational, business, technology. Currently, I am up with "The Google Story" by David Vise & my previous pick was "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy.
Angelina Smith
Angelina Smith

Female Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by patricknorwood June 10th 2019, 1:50 pm

I don't love reading, but if I get forced with some titles. I'm interested in sports, technology, and science fiction. I have never read a book, even during my college days. I used to hire professional writers from link removed to get done my writing tasks. I do love practices more than theories. I don't love spending my time at a place for many hours by reading a book or anything. Somewhat, I would like to travel and learn things better. It seems very interesting to me.
patricknorwood
patricknorwood

https://help.forumotion.com/f7-general-discussion

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki June 10th 2019, 4:29 pm

patricknorwood wrote:I don't love reading, but if I get forced with some titles. I'm interested in sports, technology, and science fiction. I have never read a book, even during my college days. I used to hire professional writers from link removed to get done my writing tasks. I do love practices more than theories. I don't love spending my time at a place for many hours by reading a book or anything. Somewhat, I would like to travel and learn things better. It seems very interesting to me.

please dont post links this is advertising and it is forbidden
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15153
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki November 21st 2019, 5:47 pm

Kisliale wrote:Hello. I like reading. I read slowly. The number of pages depends on the literature. Philosophy is slower to read than fiction. But somehow I read slowly. Some people read a book in a few days. I can't do that.
My favorite book is Atlas shrugged. Now I need to write an essay in which you need to compare Dostoevsky and Tolstoy, and for this you need to read at least a few books by each author. But they're so big. I don't know what to do. On another forum I was advised to use LINK REMOVED or some other where can do my essay paper. I'm not sure that's a good idea. After all, this is something like fraud. On the other hand, I need a huge amount of time to read war and peace, as well as crime and punishment. As me better to do, advise please?

please dont post links this is advertising and it is forbidden
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15153
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down