The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration Problem revisited

3 posters

Go down

phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Empty Registration Problem revisited

Post by Cruncher Pete Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 19:11

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Administrator
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
Forum link : http://boincblackops.foumotion.com

Description of problem

APE wrote:@Cruncher Pete and @Steve Bohl

Right as i have already said the problem with that forum has already been reported.

You need to understand we can only talk to the founder of the forum not any one else that is why things are getting mixed up we can not talk to any one else but the founder of the forums so now we have worked out you are both reporting the same problem with the same forum we can now move on.

From now on only the founder can report problems about the one forum and no one else.

Please Ape, I realize that your time is valuable trying to help many people. I feel there has been too many misunderstandings here so let me explain what the problem is from my perspective, no malice intended just a constructive criticism.

As a person trying to join theboincblackops forum I created a Topic with the Title: "Unable To Register". I have given the name of my forum as requested for it was part of the registration process. I stated that I cannot go past the Registration process after I repeated my password. I also mentioned that I have tried to contact the Admin of the forum using the contact option I could not do so, for I was receiving the same Unable to verify that I am not a spammer message. After SLGray suggested that the problem might be in this forum the Topic was Lucked without telling me why for the matter has not been resolved.

Now I am told as above that in future you will only talk to Forum Founders. Is this not contrary to the Forumotion Rules that states:"This forum is here for support and help between the users of Forumotion" etc.
Therefore since you do not consider a person who wish to join one of your Forums as a user, may I ask where should a person seek help in registering and joining when they are unable to contact the forum. Furthermore since you have insinuated that the problem is with the users and not with forumotion may I ask when are we likely to receive a reply which browser we should use.

Since I am unable to get any satisfaction here, could you give me a link to Headquarters perhaps. I understand that the matter has been reported but since a person wishing to register cannot ask a question here there has to be another option for them to seek. I wish to know this since I am now an Admin and I might have to pass this information on as they will not be listened to here in the future.
Cruncher Pete
Cruncher Pete

Language : English

http://boincblackops.foumotion.com

Back to top Go down

phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Empty Re: Registration Problem revisited

Post by SLGray Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 20:35

You need to contact the staff on that forum and tell them to come here and report their issue. We get confuse about your situation. We thought you were the founder. Everyone is welcome to ask question on the support forum. There are some situations that only the founders can handle.

You can try the official French support forum. The main office is in France.

phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Empty Re: Registration Problem revisited

Post by Cruncher Pete Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 23:01

SLGray wrote:You need to contact the staff on that forum and tell them to come here and report their issue. We get confuse about your situation. We thought you were the founder. Everyone is welcome to ask question on the support forum. There are some situations that only the founders can handle.

You can try the official French support forum. The main office is in France.

I do not understand. I think you are missing the point or do I. I have asked above how does a prospective member contact the the forum when the software does not allow them to do so. Please try to register as a new member in http://boincblackopsteam.com If you do not succeed, please try to use the option: "Contact" and see if you will be able to leave a message. At this stage, I bet that the prospective new comer would quit, however should he try to contact Forumation, Ape states that he will only deal with Founders and further stipulated that the forum will only deal with such.

Again, the question. In the event that a new prospective member is unable to register and unable to contact the Forum Admins what options does he have?. I was such a person when I started the topic "Unable to Register" but the topic was closed without telling me why. Is it too difficult to help a New Prospective member by stating" The matter is under investigation. please check back in a few days." Instead, I was left to my own devices and found a forum that has similar problems as suggested by you. Even though the matter is now reported, nobody bothered to answer my or my Founders questions in the meantime. Suggestions that it is a user fault and that we should try another Browser is not acceptable. When asked what Browser we should use that works nobody answered. Please, be a bit more considerate and compassionate towards a user asking questions.
Cruncher Pete
Cruncher Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 6:14

The reason it is better for the founder or even a regular admin to request the help is because they have access to the admin panel so we can have them try different things to solve the problem. A regular user who doesn't have access to the admin panel is powerless to do much of anything on a forum but post and as such it is difficult for us to help them solve the issue when they can not do anything with the admin panel.

I understand this situation is a bit different because it may be a serverside issue (not sure yet but it is possible).

All that said there is one other reason why Ape probably wants only founders to post: so that the only topic does not get cluttered up with unhelpful posts. The more posts there are, the harder it is for our pro admins/tech team to try and use the topic to figure out the roof cause of the issue.

We understand this is a very frustating issue and it has been reported to our team, until they get back to us, there is nothing more we can do other tell you to post the link to your forum in that topic, once you have done so there is no need to reply any more, once again that is just to make it easier for our team to use the topic as a way to resolve the issue.

I hope this clears why Ape said founders only and I apologize for any confusion or mis communication on this.

-Brandon

phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Brando10
Remember to mark your topic phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

phpBB3 - Registration Problem revisited Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 11:37

At the bottom of the forums there should be a link to use to contact the administrators of a forum.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Pete Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 17:15

Thank you Brandon for your understanding and kind remarks.

@SLGray. I am tired of repeating myself. I said: "Also, I am unable to contact the Administrators using the Contact Option for I get the same Unable to varify that you are not a spammer message." Since Ape made it clear that the support of this site is only for Founders, the prospective new member has no where to go. "You need to understand we can only talk to the founder of the forum not any one else that is why things are getting mixed up we can not talk to any one else but the founder of the forums so now we have worked out you are both reporting the same problem with the same forum we can now move on.

I am aware that the problem has been reported on the 5th of September. But checking back in your systems post activity relating to registration I noted that this has been reported by users many times since January, so I guess a week without any reply from the techs is not unusual.

I thank you for your help and I realize how frustrating it can be as I have served in a call center before. Please luck this thread as nothing more we can do until HQ replies. Having said that, I would still like to know where could a prospective new member call for help if he is unable to even contact the Forum Admins. After all, Ape will not talk with them.
Cruncher Pete
Cruncher Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 19:16

He was talking about the issue that was reported.  There are things only the founder will be able to do that regular members can not, like access the administration panel.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down