The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarification of the TOS

3 posters

Go down

In progress Clarification of the TOS

Post by Chelly September 17th 2017, 8:55 am

Forumotion wrote:LIMITATIONS OF THE SERVICES

The products and services can be used only in the precise way for which such products and services have been made for. You cannot use the products and services, or associate them to any content or activity which might be harmful to the any individual person's private rights :
  • Contents which are Illegal, harmful, threatening, improper, slanderous, vulgar, obscene or ethically reprehensible

Does marijuana fall under this? Or is it allowed to be discussed and/or linked to/referenced to on forumotion forums?
Chelly
Chelly
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.gasrforum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Clarification of the TOS

Post by brandon_g September 17th 2017, 3:12 pm

Hello,

That is an iffy one because techinically its illegal federally in mostplaces including in the usa, but I know some states and local governments have legalized it for medical use.

Generally with regards to the tos we say to follow this rule of thumb: If it can be precieved as illegal/breaking the tos stay away from it.

Now forumotion's tos does not give specifics as to what is and is not considered illegal and what now. That said we really can only that general rule of thumb.

My short answer: If you want to be on the safe side and be 100% sure your forum does not get in trouble with our litigation team, then no.

Last edited by brandon_g on September 18th 2017, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Clarification of the TOS Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Clarification of the TOS Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Clarification of the TOS Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 17th 2017, 7:21 pm

I am not sure about this also.

I think if you are giving support to your members to get off of the stuff and you telling your members the bad sides about this then i can't see a problem but if you are talking about what it dose and sort of saying it's good to use it then we would then say it's breaking the TOS.

The problem is we can say yes it's safe then someone can then report you and your forum and then you get your forum closed down so i would say unless it's not promoting Drugs then it's fine.

best thing for us to do is Email our head office for your and ask them before you go and post on your forum about it.

Clarification of the TOS Left1212Clarification of the TOS Center11Clarification of the TOS Right112
Clarification of the TOS Ape_b110
Clarification of the TOS Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 19th 2017, 12:33 am

Hello @Chelly i have got word back from our head office today and sorry i have only just posted but i have had my family to worry about.

This is the info i was gave.
head office wrote:nothing prohibits talking about cannabis, sex or anything else. the forums are a freedom of responsible expression. the person is free to say or speak of what he wants within the limits of what the law allows.

for your question, as long as it's not sale or incentive to use marijuana, it's ok for us. in any case, our TOS stands with the law and forbid what prohibits the law except written exceptions

Clarification of the TOS Left1212Clarification of the TOS Center11Clarification of the TOS Right112
Clarification of the TOS Ape_b110
Clarification of the TOS Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down