The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site?

4 posters

Go down

Solved How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site?

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 12:26 am

Hi,

I read the Servimg Tutorial here: https://help.forumotion.com/t10583-servimg-tutorial
and I signed up for an account at servimg.com thinking it would be easier to see and manage my photos on my forum.

Now I don't see any of my photos in the Root Folder on my forum when I go to
Display > Pictures and Colors > Pics management > Advanced Mode > Forum Main Logo > and click See Examples,
or to the other sections. Instead I only see Forumotions samples.

I used to see this on my forum and scrolling thru the pages was slow. It was, however, a way to get the photo links I needed, without leaving the forum:

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Root_f10

After opening an account with servimg.com, now I see this on my forum:

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Dont_s12

I really like the servimg.com account. However, is there a way to configure Display > Pictures and Colors > Pics management so that I can easily see all my photos on my forum just like what I see on servimg.com, without logging into their site? I suspect this is possible but I'm not sure how to do it or where to navigate.

Thanks.

Last edited by PoodleyPie on May 20th 2018, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site?

Post by SLGray May 20th 2018, 12:55 am

When you created your forum, an account for Servimg was created, too. Are you logged into the founder account when you viewing the images in the AP?

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51514

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site?

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 3:29 am

Yes, I was logged into my AP at the time.

When I logged into servimg, they only asked me for my email address and I used the same one I use to log in my forum.
PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 3:40 am

Also I can see all my photos on servimg.com that I used to see in my forum, Images: Root Folder.

Now I don't see the Root folder at all, just the view in the 2nd photo on this thread, when I go to:
Display > Pictures and Colors > Pics management > Advanced Mode > Forum Main Logo > and click See Examples.
PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 3:57 am

One more thing I just thought of:

I started with Forumotion on April 8th. It was poodlemixfun.forumotion.com
This no longer redirects to my current forum.

On April 9th, I changed the name to poodlecrossbreeds.forumotion.com
This still redirects.

I used my same email address for both of the above.

Then last week I bought a domain with you all and changed it to artsyfartsydogforum.com
(and artsyfartsydogforum.forumotion.com). I used the same email as always.

If you're curious: Even though I'm really fond of poodles, figuring out a catchy name and widening my net for a creative dog lover audience is why it took awhile to settle on a name.

PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 20th 2018, 4:24 am

It does not matter if yoiu change your forum's link. The Servimg account is setup with the creation email and password when you created the forum.

Please in the future, try not to double/triple post, you can always use the edit button. This is not an official reminder.

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 4:35 am

Sorry and thank you; I started to edit my first response, but I didn't know if you were using your cell phone or email that only sends notice of a reply to a thread, but not an edited reply. That's how my email works anyway on another forum where I'm only a member.

So, any idea why I don't see the Root Folder on my forum now, or where it might be hiding on my Admin Panel?

Thanks.
PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 20th 2018, 4:36 am

What do you have here: AP > Misc. > Hosting?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 4:41 am

It has my email address, and the Default Category says Root folder.
PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 20th 2018, 4:43 am

Please send me a test account that has access to the AP by PM.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 4:47 am

How do I do that?
PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 20th 2018, 4:49 am

Register as a new member then activate the account and give me the login information for that account. Also it has to be in the group that has access to the AP.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki May 20th 2018, 7:12 am

hi

when you upload an image in the admin panel a window is popping up can you see there the root folder?

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Scree454

I used to see this on my forum and scrolling thru the pages was slow. It was, however, a way to get the photo links I needed, without leaving the forum:

when you click on an image the link is appearing above but you can always right-click on an image (with ur mouse) and a pop-up window will appear just click copy image address... the same thing

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Scree455
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15186
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 20th 2018, 9:59 am

After using the test account, I have 2 things to say:

1.  You do know that you have 3 folders plus the root folder?

2.  I could see the images from Servimg in the AP.  Were you using a mobile device when this happened?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PoodleyPie May 20th 2018, 2:12 pm

SLGray wrote:
Ok. 2 Things:

1. You do know that you have more than one folder/category on Servimg?

2. I could see the images in the AP. Were you using a mobile device when this issue happened?

1) Yesterday evening I opened the Servimg account. Then my forum Root folder containing my photos disappeared. So I went back to Servimg, thinking that maybe I had to create a couple albums for it to work and moved a few photos to them.

I exited both, cleaned my cache and then went back to my forum, and the forum Root folder was still missing.
That's when I wrote the Support section and uploaded a photo of it missing:

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Dont_s13

So just now I went to my Admin Panel and the Root folder is there again. Maybe servimg.com had to take a few hours to re-populate them on my forum? scratch Whatever the problem was, I'm glad it's back now.

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Root_f10

2) As to your other question, I was using my desktop computer.

Skouliki - thank you, but everything seems to be working now!

The problem seems to have solved itself. Go figure. Smile

PoodleyPie
PoodleyPie
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g May 20th 2018, 2:35 pm

Topic solved & archived
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Brando10
Remember to mark your topic How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

How do I configure Servimg on my forum to see all pics there instead of at their site? Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down