The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with informing users inactive for 30 days...

4 posters

Go down

Help with informing users inactive for 30 days... Empty Help with informing users inactive for 30 days...

Post by monodemono Tue 18 Aug - 16:32

Okay so where do I start... I admin a forum, and it's been kinda dead lately, so I want to send out an email to all the users who haven't signed in within the last 30 days. So I opened up my admin panel, went to Users & Groups, Handle Users, selected Inform, and typed in 30 days, and clicked Generate. So it gave me a 2 page list. Now I can uncheck users whom I do not wish to send this email to, however, if I uncheck a couple of users, go to the next page, uncheck a few more names, then go back to the first page, they're checked again. So my first question is, how do I fix this problem? Should I try another computer or browser? My second question is, what email address will the message be sent out from? And lastly, is there a way to change what email address it's sent from?

Thanks guys,
-mono

Last edited by monodemono on Tue 18 Aug - 17:12; edited 1 time in total
monodemono

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Help with informing users inactive for 30 days... Empty Re: Help with informing users inactive for 30 days...

Post by Sanket Tue 18 Aug - 16:57

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Help with informing users inactive for 30 days... Empty Re: Help with informing users inactive for 30 days...

Post by monodemono Tue 18 Aug - 17:12

Better?
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Tue 18 Aug - 20:27

If you generated a list of members who have do not posted in 30 days then all of them need to be informed.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51501

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 2:01

First of all, I happen to know some of the users on the list are alts. Second of all, I'd rather not get into details as to why I'm unchecking some of the users. Third of all, your post was of absolutely NO help to me what so ever. And lastly, whether they should all be informed or not, it'd be nice for a feature that is programmed into the system to actually work.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Wed 19 Aug - 5:01

Well on my site, the feature works just fine.

Help with informing users inactive for 30 days... Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 5:02

So if you generate a list with multiple pages, you uncheck some names, switch pages, uncheck some more names, switch back, they stay unchecked?
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Wed 19 Aug - 7:01

monodemono wrote:So if you generate a list with multiple pages, you uncheck some names, switch pages, uncheck some more names, switch back, they stay unchecked?

Yes all the ones I uncheck stays unchecked.

There might be a glitch with this feature on your site.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 7:05

Hmm, okay, that was actually helpful. First I'll try some other browsers and operating systems, then if that doesn't work I'll find out how to reload that feature. I'm going to leave this not labeled as not solved until I tried a few more things.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Wed 19 Aug - 7:07

monodemono wrote:Hmm, okay, that was actually helpful. First I'll try some other browsers and operating systems, then if that doesn't work I'll find out how to reload that feature. I'm going to leave this not labeled as not solved until I tried a few more things.

I use the browser Opera. The feature works fine with that browser.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 7:09

I'm trying firefox now, then i'll try opera, then another comp. Do you know the answers to my other questions? Like what email address will the email be sent out from?
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Wed 19 Aug - 7:13

Go to your administration panel.

General/Messages and Emails/Emails and Contact form

This is where you can enter an email address for emails.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 7:15

So neither firefox nor opera worked. I'm gonna try another comp later tonight. Thanks for telling me where the email thing is.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Wed 19 Aug - 7:20

monodemono wrote:So neither firefox nor opera worked. I'm gonna try another comp later tonight. Thanks for telling me where the email thing is.

You are welcome. Before you go to the next page are you pressing any of the buttons like select all or unselect all?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 7:23

I don't have those options. I'll take a screen shot (and censor the users email addresses) and stick that in my next post.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 7:29

On second thought, there wasn't anything that needed censoring.

Help with informing users inactive for 30 days... Pictur10
Help with informing users inactive for 30 days... Pictur11

So when I uncheck any boxes, go to page 2, uncheck some more boxes, go back to page 1, they're re-checked.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Wed 19 Aug - 7:35

I just checked my site and you are right. Mine is doing the same thing.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Wed 19 Aug - 7:37

Oh so it isn't just me? I feel a lot better now. I'm thinking of emailing forumotion and asking them if they know about this glitch.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Fri 28 Aug - 9:21

Hello,

I'm not really following your problem.

Is it that u want to know how to send an email out for users inactive for excessive then 30 days,
OR
you cannot send an email out to those users??
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Fri 28 Aug - 9:34

Neither. If you go to the page that is shown in the screen shots a few posts back (Admin panel, users and groups, handle users) and you generate a list of users that is more than one page long (in my case, two pages) and you uncheck some names on page 1 (so that you don't send an email to those people) and then you go to page two, and uncheck some names on there, and then go back to page one, the names you unchecked, are once again checked. Basically, it doesn't keep track of who you DON'T want to send emails to. Now granted, I could write down the user names of all the people that are generated, and paste them each one at a time into a mass-email, but I shouldn't have to do all that work myself. There is a system there that generates a list of users who have not been online in 30 days, and allows me to send an email informing them of their absence, and it should work as it's supposed to.
monodemono

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Fri 28 Aug - 9:38

Here on Forumotion we cannot do that, as the databases don't remember that TT

That's not a problem that ANY of us can fix.

However, if you were to make a suggestion in the suggestion section (for your forums) then im sure u'd get a fair few votes Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by monodemono Fri 28 Aug - 9:41

That's just a damn shame. It seems silly to have checkboxes if they aren't going to work right. I'll go suggest the ability to adjust how many users are listed on a page, or even better just list them all on one page, so that they can work properly.
monodemono

Back to top Go down