The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copyright!!

+2
MrMario
Lady Draconian
6 posters

Go down

Solved Copyright!!

Post by Lady Draconian October 9th 2009, 7:05 pm

Ok. So I have complained about this before.
The general story is there's a girl taking all my ideas for my forum and claiming them as her own. We have asked her to stop but now she's taken more of our ideas and says they are hers. We have asked her politely to close her forum down and she gave us abuse along with her moderator Katja.
I have PMed forumotion's admin and reported the forum on a few occasions, as have most staff members and friends of our forum and other sister forum's. We are upset that nothing has been done after almost a month.
Can something be done?
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Female Posts : 126
Language : English, German, French

http://www.musesofmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Copyright!!

Post by MrMario October 9th 2009, 7:19 pm

Can't do much since its called an Idea. I mean if you have your forum copyright then maybe but that depends on whats being taken. So really nothing can be done.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 9th 2009, 7:20 pm

Copyright!! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51495
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian October 9th 2009, 7:20 pm

The whole concept has been taken.
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic_gohan2 October 10th 2009, 3:56 am

ok what types of ideas if images try disabling right click and if you want it on every page put it in announcement .
Mystic_gohan2
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian October 10th 2009, 1:50 pm

We have a copyright button on the homepage. We also have notices to every member about it.
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 10th 2009, 7:15 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:We have a copyright button on the homepage. We also have notices to every member about it.

If this person is taking your ideas why would you continue to allow them there or allow her access to the page where the ideas are being discussed.Like mario has said above if there just ideas then any one can take them.

As far as your copyrights. what kind of copyrights do you have. are the official copyright's through a government office or under international laws?
If you have something that is copyrighted and someone else is using it. then there forum would be in violation of copyright infringement.So they can lose there forum for using the materials. also depending how far you want to take it you can sue.
But to realy pursue something like that you would have to ask you self is it worth it?

But you will have to provide proof that your materials are indeed copyrighted.
If you can provide proof then you would have to send it along with a complaint to litigation's.But as far as just someone takeing your idea theres nothing you can do.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luga October 10th 2009, 8:03 pm

So. Notify the members of her bored,let them be mad.
If there leader is a copier,they might not want to be part of it anymore,she will have to come up with origional ideas!
BINGO!
Luga
Luga
Forumember

Language : Java!

http://techspecs.bestforumpro.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian October 11th 2009, 3:17 pm

She is banned from my forum as are her staff members. Every time we introduce something new she does THE EXACT SAME THING!

I don't think this would be classified as "serious enough" to be taken into court however, it is really getting under my skin that she keeps stealing from us and her staff are perfectly fine with it.

I really don't understand either why they haven't been sorted out either after almost 3 months.
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 11th 2009, 3:27 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:She is banned from my forum as are her staff members. Every time we introduce something new she does THE EXACT SAME THING!

I don't think this would be classified as "serious enough" to be taken into court however, it is really getting under my skin that she keeps stealing from us and her staff are perfectly fine with it.

I really don't understand either why they haven't been sorted out either after almost 3 months.

The only question i have is why you,staff or your members would continue to throw the ideas out there if you know someone is taking them.make a private board or group on your forum for only those you can trust to discuss these things/ideas.

It just seems a Lil silly to me to continue to put the ideas out there when you have people taken them.I do not know what your forum is about. but if your forum is about where people share ideas. then you should expect others to take what they want. but if it's not then you should just have a board open to your staff to share your ideas.

So if anyone else would like to add to this please do it now. i don't realy see the purpose of leaving this thread open any longer it seems to be turning more into a discussion.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian October 11th 2009, 3:36 pm

Actually we have a private room discuss the ideas. Only our staff can see it.

The fact is, whenever we ADD something new or DO something new she copies it. I don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean, we don't do anything new to stop her copying and become a boring forum with little activity? Or something else?
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 11th 2009, 4:05 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:Actually we have a private room discuss the ideas. Only our staff can see it.

The fact is, whenever we ADD something new or DO something new she copies it. I don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean, we don't do anything new to stop her copying and become a boring forum with little activity? Or something else?

you mean what ever kind of ideas you add to your forum.
for instance lets say you created an arcade. she then comes in and takes the idea the same way you hooked your arcade up and using at her place or other places.

Well there's nothing you can do about that. people can set forums up almost exactly if not exactly the way other forums are set up. I mean we have had people create support forums looking exactly like this one.But the difference with that is forumotion is copyrighted,a large company and if it's not authorised then they would be shut down.

But that don't mean someone cant set up sections the same way as here and use them.So i know what you mean.And you can not prevent others from taking ideas.
Once again here is one of my arcades. if someone wanted to create an arcade the same exact way as i have my arcade set up then i cant complain or do nothing about it..

Last edited by kirk on October 11th 2009, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian October 11th 2009, 4:09 pm

OK. I understand everything you are saying.
So basically this girl could copy our forum almost exactly word-for-word and get away with it?
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 11th 2009, 4:23 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:OK. I understand everything you are saying.
So basically this girl could copy our forum almost exactly word-for-word and get away with it?

Technically yes.
Unless you have logos,slogans among other things such as any video,promotions music all copyrighted.If you are a legit company or organisation and have and own the rights to everthing. then no one would be able to use it without authorization.

See i do not know the ideas or what it is this person is using?But to me it just seems like a some good ideas for sections and things to better help your forum and give members more to do and keep them interested.Well i am working on something called a flash theater on a new forum i am working on.You want to bet as soon as people see what i am doing and how i am doing it there will be more people creating a flash theater just like mine.

Now i can not prevent anyone form doing that. but if i am creating all of the materials that will be featured in there and have it all copyrighted. then they better hope i don't see my original materials out there with my music logo etc.. it's mine i own it. but people can still create a flash theater..i don't own the idea.and i have seen them on websites just never on a forum.. but now you will... haha Razz
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian October 11th 2009, 4:33 pm

OK, I understand now. I still think that this is unfair.
Thankyou for all your help.
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 11th 2009, 5:07 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:OK, I understand now. I still think that this is unfair.
Thankyou for all your help.

Your welcome.
Since the question was answered i will now mark as solved and lock the thread
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down