The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attaching Domain name to forum, advise please?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Attaching Domain name to forum, advise please?

Post by Angelfish February 14th 2012, 6:35 pm

Hi, I have pruchased a domain naame from Domain Monster but am not sure what what information I need to link my domain name to my forumotion site.

Here is a copy of the instructions that Domain Monster sent to me on request, which part do I need & what info do I need? Any advise will be much apreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for contacting Domainmonster.com Customer Support.

If you need to point your domain to 3rd Party Hosting there are a few ways you could do this. You can update the Name Servers, update the A-Records or simply use Web Forwarding to forward your domain to another address (such as a Forumotion address). If you contact Forumotion they'll be able to let you know which option you should use, and if necessary provide you with the Name Server names, the IP Address for the A-Records or the address to forward your domain to.

If Forumotion require you to update your Name Servers you can do this by following the steps below:

1. Login into your account with Domainmonster.com at http://www.domainmonster.com/login and select the domain you wish to manage from 'Manage Domains' on the right hand side.
2. Select "Name Servers & Glue Records' from the menu.
3. Select the radio button for 'Use 3rd Party Name Servers' and enter the new Name Servers. You will need at least two, but you can enter up to four if required.
4. Click 'Update Name Servers' at the bottom of the page.

Note that when you update Name Servers we effect the update in real time for you. However, this can take up to 24-48 hours to reflect when you type your domain into a browser. This is simply because whilst we effect this change live for you, it can take this long for every server that runs the Internet to recognise our new instruction.

If instead you need to update your A-Records, you can do this using the steps below:

1. Log into your Domainmonster.com account at https://www.domainmonster.com/login.
2. Select the domain from the list on the right hand side of the screen and click Manage.
3. From the main menu in the middle of the screen select ‘Manage DNS’.
4. Update the A Record’s IP address. Click ‘Save Changes’ to confirm the changes.

Please allow up to 8 hours for A Record changes to take effect, as although the updates are made live in your Domainmonster.com Control Panel it can take up to 8 hours for the changes to propagate across the internet.

If Forumotion simply ask you to set up Web Forwarding, you can do this using the steps below:

1. Log into your Domainmonster.com account at http://www.domainmonster.com/login.
2. Select the domain from the list on the right hand side of the screen and click Manage.
3. From the main menu in the middle of the screen select ‘Website Content’ and then 'Web Forwarding'.
4. Enter the address you wish to forward to in the URL box for either the 'Framed' or 'Non framed web forwarding' menu and click Save to confirm the changes.
Angelfish

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Attaching Domain name to forum, advise please?

Post by MrMario February 14th 2012, 10:08 pm

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelfish February 14th 2012, 10:21 pm

Thanks, I did look at that topic but the domain providers Admin panal is totaly different so I could not work out what to do. That is why I thought I should ask which option I should use & what info will I need?
Thanks again.
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 14th 2012, 10:29 pm

You need to go to your Forumotion forum's administration panel to follow that tutorial.

Attaching Domain name to forum, advise please? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelfish February 15th 2012, 5:53 pm

slg wrote:You need to go to your Forumotion forum's administration panel to follow that tutorial.

Yes for the last part as far as I am aware, thanks.
Anyway tried a few things & still no luck, if someone could tell me which part to follow so that I can try again.
Sorry to be a pain. Thanks,
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelfish February 16th 2012, 3:49 pm

Ok, worked out what was wrong, I forgott to add www. when updating forum address in admin pannel.
Sorted now
Angelfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 16th 2012, 5:24 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down