The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adfl.y Attack

5 posters

Go down

In progress Adfl.y Attack

Post by TennethHQ January 7th 2014, 6:26 pm

Hello everyone, first off i would like you thank you for your time in reading this and, if you choose to, your time in replying. 

My issue is this. I am the founder of my website docwhorp.forumotion.org. Recently my account as been attacked by adfl.y re-direction links infested in my log in. I say my log in because other members, including my Administrators, do not have this problem and furthermore i was allowed to register another account. My Admin's checked the entire Admin Panel and found nothing. 

When i try to log into my founder account, i put in my username and password then click log in. As soon as i click log in, it shoots me to Adfl.y page wanting me to download something. Five seconds later, the skip ad button appears in the right hand corner but upon clicking it i am sent back to the main home page without successfully logging in. This cycle repeats itself, stopping me from successfully entering my founder account.

I have downloaded two more security programs on top of the one i already had, them being Webroot and CC Cleaner, but neither of them found anything wrong with my pc. However, i do realize that Forumotion has Adfly do things for them for the forums but i am wondering if there is anything i can do to get this off of my account? I can still access my forum via my newly created account, but you can imagine my aggravation with not being able to access my founder account. 

Once more i appreciate your time, i will respond to any questions to have, thank you. Smile
TennethHQ

Language : English

http://docwhorp.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Adfl.y Attack

Post by Jophy January 8th 2014, 4:38 am

Hello,

You have the same issue as this thread:
https://help.forumotion.com/t128059-adfly-page

According to our pro admin, it might have been that your forum doesn't fit the Forumotion TOS, did you happen to break any? I would suggest you to review the details of your forum first.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by TennethHQ January 9th 2014, 5:05 am

No, from what i have reviewed in my forum, the TOS has not been broken in any way shape or form.

I have read through the link you have provided for me and it appears that it was solved but i could not figure out how. Did the Pro Admin go in and fix it? Is there something i must do? I tried looking for anything in the Admin Panel that could fix a TOS rule brake but found nothing. And i am doing all of this via a second account because i cannot access my founder account. 

The link you gave me has the same exact situation as i do, in every aspect, i'm just looking for the solution as it appears that it is not clearly spelled out in that topic. He just comes back on and says it's fine now but nobody ever says how to fix it.
TennethHQ

http://docwhorp.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri January 9th 2014, 5:16 am

So you're able to log back in now using the founder account or are you still having the adfly page?

I gave your forum a look over and from what I could tell your forum doesn't have any sections that violates the Forumotion TOS but I might have overlooked something.

My only thoughts could be that your videos section might contain copyrighted content. However all the videos appear from youtube so that shouldn't really affect TOS.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 9th 2014, 8:29 am

This has to do with the spam filter Forumotion uses.  It not related to what is on your forum, but your account is what it is related to.  Something with your IP address or some other activitiy like that has triggered the spam filter.

Adfl.y Attack Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow January 9th 2014, 11:09 am

TennethHQ wrote:Hello everyone, first off i would like you thank you for your time in reading this and, if you choose to, your time in replying. 

My issue is this. I am the founder of my website docwhorp.forumotion.org. Recently my account as been attacked by adfl.y re-direction links infested in my log in. I say my log in because other members, including my Administrators, do not have this problem and furthermore i was allowed to register another account. My Admin's checked the entire Admin Panel and found nothing. 

When i try to log into my founder account, i put in my username and password then click log in. As soon as i click log in, it shoots me to Adfl.y page wanting me to download something. Five seconds later, the skip ad button appears in the right hand corner but upon clicking it i am sent back to the main home page without successfully logging in. This cycle repeats itself, stopping me from successfully entering my founder account.

I have downloaded two more security programs on top of the one i already had, them being Webroot and CC Cleaner, but neither of them found anything wrong with my pc. However, i do realize that Forumotion has Adfly do things for them for the forums but i am wondering if there is anything i can do to get this off of my account? I can still access my forum via my newly created account, but you can imagine my aggravation with not being able to access my founder account. 

Once more i appreciate your time, i will respond to any questions to have, thank you. Smile

Hello
This problem may come from our spam tool
Could you please send me via private message the following information:

- email on the forum
- username on the forum
- IP
- Password

Many thanks in advance

Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager