The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porblem with accounts on my forum

2 posters

Go down

In progress Porblem with accounts on my forum

Post by Smokin Mils February 13th 2014, 6:31 pm

There is a spate of forum account hackings going on at the moment on our forums. On the 10th of February someone got access to an admin account and change other admin account passwords but since then that issue has been resolved and we are sure they don't have access to any admin account currently (we changed all admin account passwords from founder account and changed settings so that re-entering password is required for admin panel).

Since then however the hacker has accessed about 7 (that we know of) forum accounts without changing the passwords. I have no idea how they are doing it.

For now we're basically just waiting for them to stop because we're out of ideas as to how they are acquiring forum passwords. I'm posting this in case there is anything that forumotion can do to check what is going on or if we have a security breach somewhere.

Nobody has had access to the founder account - they tried to change the founder password from other admin accounts but obviously that does not work. The only one that has been on the founder account is me (from this IP and 1 other IP). 

The forum domain is: www.smokinelite.com

I don't know if forumotion can do anything to help but any help is appreciated...
Smokin Mils
Forumember

Male Posts : 44
Language : English

http://smokin-elite.nice-boards.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Porblem with accounts on my forum

Post by SLGray February 13th 2014, 7:29 pm

Porblem with accounts on my forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down