The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs

+70
lightfootfan
Captain Hunk
Glad E Olah
george20
Zulera301
GBDawg1
VestaAdmin
TheCrow
bertv
dcj91x
roach
BucolicBuffalo
mr scoops
SophieDophs
thames 300e
1lilbirdy2
Richardr
Gimpy Cat
Cloudchaser
FIB
NancyB
dracostar
Rukiafan
mjl09
DesignersSociety
Bigbangfam
Ange Tuteur
Anzo
Ramdaman
_Twisted_Mods_
skouliki
BlackScorpion
Guardian-Angel
Lady Galaxia
Canada Aquarium
Synapse11
rojeh
boffer10
Whistler
DigiScrapCafe
Metalgod542
brale1
MRLIUWENBO
smurfavr
NWOTN Ui
S-t-e-v-e-
Tesla Coil
glenm
Yuri Sophie
Ben_is_easily_amused
TonnyKamper
DrewBlank
azaz'el
SLGray
Ape
Storytellers CAN
Golden Shroom
angel_of_night
felicity4us2
sweetword
erchima
Ahmed.K
Shadow.
tommycoo8
DVAted
Van-Helsing
Nefadar
christien
yayayes
Shadow
74 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Important CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs

Post by Shadow October 1st 2014, 9:38 am

First topic message reminder :

CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs

Dear Forumotion members

The migration is over thumright Everything has been managed correctly.

Our technicians are finalizing the details.

If you have some troubles on your forum, please report your problems by provind the following information:
- Url of your forum
- Browser
- Forum version
- Description of your problem
- Screenshot

Delete If you don't provide those information we won't take into account your problem. Thanks for your understanding!

Add Bugs already reported:

- Captcha while registering doesn't appear = solved
- Chatbox message error = solved
- Widgets missing on the portal = solved
- Portal desactived = solved
- New widgets added no saved on the Administrative Panel= solved
- Javascripts, CSS and templates missing = solved
- Permission group problem = solved
- Message with 1970 dates = solved (edite your message and the right date should come back)
- Hipay is missing = solved
- Edition of a message is no taken into account = solved
- Impossible to upload a new avatar via the profile and the AP "The image is too large or corrupted" = solved
- The Accordion index menu is disappeared = solved
- Resize of avatar doesn't work = solved
- The following links don't work: yourforum.com/feed, /rss, /sitemap.mx  link not showing XML code = solved
- Email doesn't appear on the user profile (via the administrative panel) =solved
- Gallery, smiley, avatar missing = solved
- Cannot use Servimh via Editor = solved
- Maintenance page = solved
- Forum backup impossible = solved
- Critical Error= solved
- Empty messages = solved
- Emails notification missing or in spam box = solved
- Problem to access domain name without www. => solved
- Hitskin access = solved
- Newsletter no available => = solved
- Posts missing = solved
- Founder's tool white page  when I make a backup = solved
- Posts missing or empty = solved
sunny Please note:

1- Our technicians are working on bugs. So, slowdowns are possible.

2- About topics, messages and categories missing, our technicians are working on a solution to get back those data. However, it is possible deleted messages, topics, categories and users come back too! I will inform you ASAP

Thanks for your help :rose: :rose: :rose:

ForuMotion Team
A
ForuMotion
Important Announcement

Last edited by Buttercup on October 21st 2014, 12:12 pm; edited 31 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Important Re: CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs

Post by Shadow October 16th 2014, 11:14 am

Thanks Gimpy cat for your help Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Gimpy Cat October 16th 2014, 11:37 am

Hope it helps in some way, I know it can be hard to find the bugs to iron them out. Thanks for staying with us and continuing to help
Gimpy Cat
Gimpy Cat
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Zulera301 October 16th 2014, 1:40 pm

[NOTE: the links are broken because this forum is preventing me from posting links]

- Url of your forum: lastairbender. forumotion.com/
- Browser: Chrome, Firefox
- Forum version: phpBB 2
- Description of your problem: The "top posters" widget of this forum is not updating correctly, and instead shows the post count totals of the members as of 1 October, 2014. The rest of the forum works perfectly fine, and there are no issues with display or anything else. The numbers are simply not updating the way they are supposed to.
- Screenshot i.imgur.com/ ujQPf62.png  (the widget itself displays just fine. the numbers are the only thing wrong)
- Notes: The primary admin account is "Zulera" (lastairbender. forumotion.com/u227), since the founder has since left the site and such.
Zulera301

Language : English

http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 16th 2014, 2:34 pm

Zulera301 wrote:[NOTE: the links are broken because this forum is preventing me from posting links]

- Description of your problem: The "top posters" widget of this forum is not updating correctly, and instead shows the post count totals of the members as of 1 October, 2014. The rest of the forum works perfectly fine, and there are no issues with display or anything else. The numbers are simply not updating the way they are supposed to.
- Screenshot i.imgur.com/ ujQPf62.png  (the widget itself displays just fine. the numbers are the only thing wrong)
- Notes: The primary admin account is "Zulera" (lastairbender. forumotion.com/u227), since the founder has since left the site and such.
Hello Zulera,

The problem seems to be only for Zulera member. I checked other members and the number of posts fits with the number displays on the widget. We made a test with Zulera user. As it is not immediate we are waiting few minutes to see if someting changes Smile

Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Zulera301 October 16th 2014, 2:43 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Zulera301 wrote:[NOTE: the links are broken because this forum is preventing me from posting links]

Hello Zulera,

The problem seems to be only for Zulera member. I checked other members and the number of posts fits with the number displays on the widget. We made a test with Zulera user. As it is not immediate we are waiting few minutes to see if someting changes Smile

Then perhaps it is somehow related to my IP address?
I have several accounts, and all of them show the same outdated post data. Even when I log out and view the forum as a guest, I still see the same unchanged numbers. This happens on both Firefox and Chrome.

EDIT: I just asked a couple of my other users. They claim to be seeing the outdated numbers as well.
Zulera301

Back to top Go down

Post by FIB October 16th 2014, 3:00 pm

Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden

Url of your forum http://fraud-in-bulgaria.forum.net.bz/
- Browser FF & IE
- Forum version
PunBB
see below
- Screenshot
Below

CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs - Page 7 Captur16
FIB
Forumember

Male Posts : 500

http://ourbulgariaforum.freeforums.eu/

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs October 16th 2014, 4:28 pm

SophieDophs wrote:I have just come back from 2 weeks holiday and I am experiencing problems with my own forum and this one - the forumotion support forum!

When using Firefox, pages are taking forever to load and smilies and other forum functions are missing!  

The pages are loading much better in Chrome but smilies and other forum functionality is still missing.

Url of your forum: http://slimmingworldclub.niceboard.org/
- Browsers:  Firefox (barely working) and Chrome (working better than Firefox).
- Forum version phpBB3 (prosilver)
- Description of your problem: Pages taking FOREVER to load, smilies missing, reply editing box tools missing, general announcements not working. These are the things I have just discovered.  There may be more.
- Screenshot:
I am unable to upload a screen shot for now as the editing box tools are missing in this post.  I will have to come back later and try and upload it!

(It says on here that HTML is not allowed in my post, yet in my profile preferences it is allowed.  I am having this same problem on my own forum too).

EDIT:
Oh, I see the tools are now in the editing window!  I will upload a screenshot.

CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs - Page 7 Forum_10

Hi Buttercup!  These issues (and others I had not noticed lol) appear now to have been fixed and my forum is running smoothly at the moment for most of our members - all except one member in France who is having the same difficulties connecting to our forum as we did this week.

I am wondering if her location is anything to do with this?  We are in the UK and she is in France.  I can PM you her IP if that helps.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 16th 2014, 4:31 pm

Tue Oct 14, 2014, I wrote:www.smithchat.com
Internet Explorer
phpBB

The "slow" problem had resolved earlier this morning and now its happening again. It's taken me so long to go through the process of logging in, searching for this and posting this, I was just about to give up. Same at my Forum and I've now put it in maintenance closure for a couple of days in the hope it will be sorted by then, but trying to navigate is just too frustrating.
Extremely slow page loading problem persists at my forum (and at this minute I'm experiencing the same also persisting at this support forum) - so I'm leaving mine in maintenance/construction closure mode for a while longer.
Buttercup wrote:2- Loading forums: As it is a random problem could you please this tool http://gtmetrix.com/ and tell us what is causing loading pages.

Buttercup,
I've done this test though I don't understand it all. Is it necessary to post a screen print? Instead I'm posting below the link to the page with my report.
Summary
A : Page Speed Grade: (90%) 78%
B : YSlow Grade: (86%) 78%
Page load time: 1.59s
** Total page size: 137KB.............
** nb probably this small size is reported because my usual index page is disabled at present and page only displaying my short Notice about the maintenance closure **
The Breakdown is then listed on the results page here http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.smithchat.com/a1rsijsN
Top right of results page also says........
Looks like you might not be using a CDN
Why should I use a CDN? » ( http://gtmetrix.com/why-use-a-cdn.html )
At that linked page ran another test there.............
Results appear to be the same as first test mentioned above.
--------------
EDIT approx. 3.35pm -
after posting the above - all seems to be ok now, but don't hold your breath - from experience over last few days - it could go slow again any time. But fingers crossed.
PS - I'm in UK
--------------
EDIT 6.15pm -
page loading remains ok. Taken my forum off maintenance closure mode.
--------------
EDIT 11.30pm -
loading of pages has remained good with faster navigation all evening.
Thank you Forumotion techies thumleft

--------------
EDIT - next day 17th Oct 1pm
Oh no!! This morning back to go slow again shaking
--------------

Last edited by Cas on October 17th 2014, 2:02 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : monitoring changes re slow loading pages)

Back to top Go down

Post by smurfavr October 16th 2014, 5:57 pm

smurfavr
smurfavr
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1883
Language : Bulgarian

http://smurfa.bulgarianforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 16th 2014, 8:28 pm

board: Invision
browser: all
Avatars won't resize if linked to an off-site image.  When viewing the profile it shows the whole image that is way to big.  In posts, it cuts off 2/3 of the pic width wise but is still too tall. The limit is supposed to be 160x160px

CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs - Page 7 Tmp_1710

CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs - Page 7 Tmp_1711

Back to top Go down

Post by VestaAdmin October 16th 2014, 8:54 pm

Yyyyyaaayy, looks like the problems are fixed now on my forum! Thank you!!! CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
VestaAdmin
VestaAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing October 16th 2014, 9:55 pm

Hello,
The problem with image servers seems fixed in my forum too.
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 17th 2014, 9:26 am

Thanks for your feedback. Information have been reported to our technicians Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Zulera301 October 17th 2014, 12:28 pm

not to repeat-post, but this problem is still persisting. I have asked my other members about it, and they also are not seeing the correct post counts. They show the right numbers on the forum; just not on the malfunctioning widget.
Zulera301

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2014, 2:15 pm

yesterday 3.31pm I wrote:www.smithchat.com
Internet Explorer
phpBB

Extremely slow page loading problem persists at my forum (and at this minute I'm experiencing the same also persisting at this support forum) - so I'm leaving mine in maintenance/construction closure mode for a while longer.....................
--------------
EDIT approx. 3.35pm -
after posting the above - all seems to be ok now, but don't hold your breath - from experience over last few days - it could go slow again any time. But fingers crossed.
PS - I'm in UK
--------------
EDIT 6.15pm -
page loading remains ok. Taken my forum off maintenance closure mode.
--------------
EDIT 11.30pm -
loading of pages has remained good with faster navigation all evening.
--------------

EDIT - next day 17th Oct 1pm
Oh no!! This morning back to go slow again CHANGE OF DATACENTER: report bugs - Page 7 Icon_shaking
--------------
I know not supposed to double post - but this is getting too much to bear, and for how much longer?
---------------------

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyB October 17th 2014, 3:11 pm

Once again the image serv is slowing down loading times to either no access or very, very slow access.  This is happening at this site ( the help forum) and my site: allaboutbigbrother.net.

This has been an ongoing problem off and on for weeks.
NancyB
NancyB
Forumember

http://allaboutbigbrother.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by george20 October 17th 2014, 3:18 pm

I have 2 forums

Forum 1 <  www.hutchsmotobikeforum.co.uk    punbb      IE    this is working fine !

forum 2 <  www.suzukib-king.org        phpBB2      IE    this is very slow  and white pages !!

this forum <   help.forumotion.com      IE very slow  and white pages !!

Please HELP
george20
Forumember

Male Posts : 258

http://www.suzukib-king.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow October 17th 2014, 3:36 pm

F/M Forum is very slow again! I get a lot of white pages!
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6913
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad E Olah October 17th 2014, 4:01 pm

At any given point in time during the day my site will not allow myself or some of our members to log in for ages then once a log in happens it just sits and sits with really slow navigation.

I tried from three different browsers still slow.

As a matter of fact the slowness or inability to log in was on all forumotion sites I am a member of.

It was mentioned that servimg may cause a problem.  Would it be advisable  to dump un-needed photos from servimg?

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Forumember

Female Posts : 216

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 17th 2014, 4:01 pm

Hello

The problem of slowdows has been reported to our technicians. We really apologize for the trouble. It should be solved sooner. Thanks for your understanding Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk October 17th 2014, 4:22 pm

Sailing smoothly. Data intact. I don't know if having a default forum made this transition way easier. Seems like the ones who have been affected the most have a lot of bells and whistles turned on. Perhaps if they were turned off [disabled] temporarily, the transition would have gone more smoothly. Again, I don't know and I'm not ashamed to admit it either.
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan October 17th 2014, 4:25 pm

Thank you to the techs for solving the problems.  Seems to be okay now.
lightfootfan

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad E Olah October 17th 2014, 4:31 pm

I appreciate the work done on solving the problem of slowness.

Thank you.
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Forumember

Female Posts : 216

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by george20 October 17th 2014, 4:35 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello

The problem of slowdows has been reported to our technicians. We really apologize for the trouble. It should be solved sooner. Thanks for your understanding Smile
thank you !
george20
Forumember

Male Posts : 258

http://www.suzukib-king.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by dcj91x October 17th 2014, 5:20 pm

seems to be a bit better. Thanks.

never mind.. quit working again.. Sad

Last edited by dcj91x on October 17th 2014, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcj91x
Forumember

Male Posts : 51

http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by FIB October 17th 2014, 5:32 pm

FIB wrote:Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden

- Browser FF & IE
- Forum version
PunBB
see below
- Screenshot
Below

Just thought I would remind you of this issue.
FIB
Forumember

Male Posts : 500

http://ourbulgariaforum.freeforums.eu/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow October 17th 2014, 5:37 pm

Slowdowns have stopped for me! Gj!
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6913
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 17th 2014, 8:16 pm

As a work around,i Uploaded the avatar instead of using the third option to link to an off-site avatar. The avatar won't resize if you link instead of upload

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramdaman October 18th 2014, 4:26 pm

FIB wrote:
FIB wrote:Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden

- Browser FF & IE
- Forum version
PunBB
see below
- Screenshot
Below

Just thought I would remind you of this issue.

I tried to view your forum to see what's wrong and maybe how to fix it, but I can only see the forum by registering.
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1615
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by FIB October 18th 2014, 4:58 pm

Yes unless you are a Forumotion Admin/Tech you will need to register

I've opened the Rules and Guidelines forum to 'All'
FIB