The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more

5 posters

Go down

Solved Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more

Post by Games4theworld Sat 10 Oct - 12:45

Hello all,

I'm having a Servimg-related issue, but since Servimg doesn't have a contact e-mail address and Forumotion is the host, I figured I should ask here.
The problem is as follows: in the past, when images were moved to the "Trash" folder, they would be preserved for 30 days and then removed after that.
Since a while, the images in the Trash folder are not deleted any more - some have already been sitting there for months - and there is no other way to actually get rid of those images. I assume this is a bug, because it used to work just fine in the past.

Now that I'm at it, I'd also like to know why Servimg doesn't automatically remove EXIF data, like pretty much all major websites do nowadays. Is this a bug, or just the way Servimg works? I think an option to allow that should at least be introduced.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Games4theworld
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.games4theworld.bestgoo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more

Post by brandon_g Sat 10 Oct - 14:33

Hello,

Actually, Forumotion does not host servimg , servimg is it's own independent website and image host, all FM has done is partner with them so Forumotion sites would hage an image uploader and host. If there is a bug, there isn't much FM can do other then report it to them.

-Brandon

Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Sat 10 Oct - 17:53

servimg Do a cache Dump Now and some data will stay in the Deleted folder for way longer than it did before this is down to saving data if its deleted by mistake.

This is not a bug and it has no affect to you or your members its just in your trash and can be tok back in a later date until they do a cache Dump then they will be removed.

I Think this was done when members lost a lot of there items some time back now it's one of the settings made to keep your items more safe from getting removed.

Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Left1212Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Center11Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Right112
Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Ape_b110
Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19154
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Games4theworld Sun 11 Oct - 11:42

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

Actually, Forumotion does not host servimg , servimg is it's own independent website and image host, all FM has done is partner with them so Forumotion sites would hage an image uploader and host. If there is a bug, there isn't much FM can do other then report it to them.

-Brandon
Hi,

Ah, I'm pretty I read that Forumotion hosts Servimg, in one of the older threads. Might have been a mistake then.
Anyway, I'd appreciate if you could contact them and ask about both the Trash folder and the EXIF "issue". The EXIF issue can cause serious privacy issues, if people are not careful.

APE wrote:servimg Do a cache Dump Now and some data will stay in the Deleted folder for way longer than it did before this is down to saving data if its deleted by mistake.

This is not a bug and it has no affect to you or your members its just in your trash and can be tok back in a later date until they do a cache Dump then they will be removed.

I Think this was done when members lost a lot of there items some time back now it's one of the settings made to keep your items more safe from getting removed.
I see, so from what I understand, they clear the Trash folder every once in a while, instead of every 30 days automatically?
Because I literally have pictures from months ago still sitting there in the Trash folder. And while it is a good idea that you have a long "recovery" time, it'd be nice if there was an option to instantly delete them from the Trash folder, or actually have them removed after 30 days.
There's a reason some pictures are in the Trash folder. Razz
Games4theworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Sun 11 Oct - 17:51

You should be able to delete images from the trash folder.  Are you logging into your account on Servimg?

Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51510

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Sun 11 Oct - 21:53

Can you please PM me your Email address you use to log in to that account and your forum address so I can send some data to one of the staff members in the head office and I will ask if they can clear your deleted items for you.

Note: This can only be requested Tomorrow when our head office is open again.

APE

Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Left1212Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Center11Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more Right112
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Games4theworld Sun 18 Oct - 17:55

SLGray wrote:You should be able to delete images from the trash folder.  Are you logging into your account on Servimg?
Hi,

I am logged into my Servimg account indeed, but there is no option to insta-delete a picture.
Servimg not removing images in Trash folder any more 13442410

APE wrote:Can you please PM me your Email address you use to log in to that account and your forum address so I can send some data to one of the staff members in the head office and I will ask if they can clear your deleted items for you.

Note: This can only be requested Tomorrow when our head office is open again.

APE
PM coming your way, thanks. Wink
Games4theworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Sun 18 Oct - 18:24

Thank you i have got your pm and i have sent the post on to the right staff member i Hope to get some news on this in the week.

sorry for any delay.

APE

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon 19 Oct - 10:49

Hello

I've sent an email to Servimg team. I'll let you know as soon as I have a reply.

Thanks for your patience

Regards
Buttercup :rose:
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Games4theworld Mon 19 Oct - 19:33

Hi,

Thank you all, I'll be eagerly waiting. Wink
Games4theworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed 21 Oct - 17:32

Hello @Games4theworld

It is done Smile Thanks for your patience :rose:

Best regards

Buttercup
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape Fri 23 Oct - 15:41

I should now lock this thread any problems please PM me with this threads URL Thank you
Topic solved and archived

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down