The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable Member to write

5 posters

Go down

Solved Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 21:05

Hi All

Is anyway to disable a member to write just READ only ?


Last edited by TamDonCo on Tue 29 Jan - 15:53; edited 1 time in total
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by skouliki Mon 28 Jan - 21:08

hello

you can make a group add this member and then set the permissions for this group
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 12692
Reputation : 1544
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 21:10

skouliki wrote:hello

you can make a group add this member and then set the permissions for this group

How to set read only in a group, I see Read-Write but can not change
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Mon 28 Jan - 21:20

When you are looking at the permission section make sure that you are in advanced mode.  The link is at the bottom of the permission section.


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Mon 28 Jan - 21:28

I  mean when you are creating a new forum or editing an old one.

AP > General > Forum > Categories & Forums


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 21:31

SLGray wrote:When you are looking at the permission section make sure that you are in advanced mode.  The link is at the bottom of the permission section.

can you show me more detail, I do not see The link is at the bottom of the permission section.
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by brandon_g Mon 28 Jan - 21:34

Hello,

To make a section read only, you simply need to untick every box but the ones in the column I have circled in red. The black circle is the advanced mode SLGray is referring to.

Disable Member to write Making10

Edit: Also make sure you are viewing the admin panel in advanced mode, not simple mode:

Disable Member to write View_a10

-Brandon


Last edited by brandon_g on Mon 28 Jan - 21:40; edited 1 time in total


Disable Member to write Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Disable Member to write Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Disable Member to write Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9908
Reputation : 908
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Mon 28 Jan - 21:35

SLGray wrote:I  mean when you are creating a new forum or editing an old one.

AP > General > Forum > Categories & Forums


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 21:44

SLGray wrote:
SLGray wrote:I  mean when you are creating a new forum or editing an old one.

AP > General > Forum > Categories & Forums

Thank You but I can not change , how ?


Disable Member to write 08f065e532029ba99266770761a9ed06
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Mon 28 Jan - 22:04

Disable Member to write Forump10


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 22:11

Thank You

But it does not work if I allow guests/members to post. The only way I can do check group manually but a lot of my users do not belong to any group
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Mon 28 Jan - 22:15

You will have to create two groups:  Members who can post and Members who can not post.  Then set the permissions for those two groups without checking the box for members in permissions.


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 22:19

SLGray wrote:You will have to create two groups:  Members who can post and Members who can not post.  Then set the permissions for those two groups without checking the box for members in permissions.

how do I set up a group Members who can not post ?

I do not see any setting for groups
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Mon 28 Jan - 22:20

AP > Users & Groups > Group Management


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 22:32

SLGray wrote:AP > Users & Groups > Group Management

no where to set read/write access for group

Disable Member to write 2019.01.28-15-31-16
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by brandon_g Mon 28 Jan - 23:04

Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do:

Are you trying to make it so no members can write in a specific section? Or are you trying to make it so only some members can post and some can't?


Disable Member to write Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Disable Member to write Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Disable Member to write Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9908
Reputation : 908
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 23:06

brandon_g wrote:Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do:

Are you trying to make it so no members can write in a specific section? Or are you trying to make it so only some members can post and some can't?

I want some members can not post, just view only
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by brandon_g Mon 28 Jan - 23:34

Ok so if you want only some members to post, then you have to do what SLG said, make a group for those you want to be able to post in the section, add those members to the group. Once you have done this, all you have to do is go to ACP (Admin Panel)-->General--->Categories and Forums---> Find the section you want the select members to be able to post in, and click this button next to the section: Edit . From there you just have to follow these screenshots:

Step 1:
Disable Member to write Forum_11

Step 2:

Disable Member to write Untick11

Step 3:

Disable Member to write How_to10

If you do exactly as I just showed, only members in the groups you selected in the 'write and reply' column will be able to post.

Hope this helps,
-Brandon



Disable Member to write Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Disable Member to write Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Disable Member to write Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9908
Reputation : 908
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Mon 28 Jan - 23:54

Thank You brandon_g


I want the other way, Members can post BUT only some members CAN NOT

For example, I have a group call BLOCKEDMEMBERS, those members are in this group who can not post
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by brandon_g Tue 29 Jan - 0:07

The method I showed you is still the only you can do this without banning members. You have to put all members EXCEPT those you dont want to post in a group, and then follow the steps above. The problem with that is then you have to manually add new members to the group whenever you get new members, or they won't be able to post.

Honestly it would probably just be easier to either just ban those users or just delete their posts when they do post, atleast thats what I would do.


Last edited by brandon_g on Tue 29 Jan - 0:08; edited 1 time in total


Disable Member to write Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Disable Member to write Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Disable Member to write Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9908
Reputation : 908
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by SLGray Tue 29 Jan - 0:08

Then do not check the box for that group.


Disable Member to write Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50445
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Tue 29 Jan - 2:14

brandon_g wrote:The method I showed you is still the only you can do this without banning members. You have to put all members EXCEPT those you dont want to post in a group, and then follow the steps above. The problem with that is then you have to manually add new members to the group whenever you get new members, or they won't be able to post.

Honestly it would probably just be easier to either just ban those users or just delete their posts when they do post, atleast thats what I would do.

Thank You very much for your suggestion but I still want new members post it

Anyway, I found a solution but it is a long way , I use javascript to stop members of the group to post
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TheCrow Tue 29 Jan - 9:16

Hello,

You have to create one new group to your forum. You then have to add all the members you want to NOT be able to post to those sections you want. Then when you change the permissions as brandon said, you select that group NOT to be able to post. All other members will still be able to post but the difference here is that you have to create a new group to add in there those you DON'T want to have the power to post.

It is not difficult, but it is the only way to make certain users not be able to post, via the permissions.

Regards.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6787
Reputation : 788
Language : Greek, English

View user profile https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TamDonCo Tue 29 Jan - 15:53

TheCrow wrote:Hello,

You have to create one new group to your forum. You then have to add all the members you want to NOT be able to post to those sections you want. Then when you change the permissions as brandon said, you select that group NOT to be able to post. All other members will still be able to post but the difference here is that you have to create a new group to add in there those you DON'T want to have the power to post.

It is not difficult, but it is the only way to make certain users not be able to post, via the permissions.

Regards.

Thank You but I have to add new members manually

I use the long way using javascript to disable members to post
TamDonCo
TamDonCo
Forumember

Posts : 427
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile http://nhomcho.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Disable Member to write

Post by TheCrow Tue 29 Jan - 16:38

Even with Javascript you have to add your users manually so it is the same thing. If this satisfies you, then we are okay with it.
Have a nice day! :rose:
#HappyCrow

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6787
Reputation : 788
Language : Greek, English

View user profile https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum