hidden profiles?

4 posters

Go down

Solved hidden profiles?

Post by Poul David September 9th 2021, 11:27 am

Technical Details


Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
Forum link : https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Description of problem

Sometimes one or more hidden profiles appear on my forum - how do I prevent profiles from hiding via the ADM panel?

I do not see a place in the user panel where I can do that - maybe it is not possible to prevent hidden profiles or anything else that is hidden?

Paul David


Last edited by Poul David on September 12th 2021, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 53
Reputation : 1
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by skouliki September 9th 2021, 12:04 pm

hello

Do you mean registered members hide their online status?
Navbar > Profile > Preferences > Hide my online status

admins can see hidden members and moderators if you have the option checked for them

you can try this but i do not know if it is going to work

go Templates ..Profile ..profile_add_body
find and remove

Code:

<label><input type="radio" name="profilemsgs" value="-1" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_profile_advanced.PROFILE_MSGS_HIDE} />{L_HIDE_TAB}</label>

save and publish

the other solution is to hide the member's option "Hide my online status" from the profile preferences
here is the tutorial https://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com/t831-tutorial-disable-the-option-hide-my-online-status#4154
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11447
Reputation : 1431
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

TonnyKamper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by Poul David September 11th 2021, 10:52 am

@skouliki wrote:hello

Do you mean registered members hide their online status?
Navbar > Profile > Preferences > Hide my online status

admins can see hidden members and moderators if you have the option checked for them

you can try this but i do not know if it is going to work

go Templates ..Profile ..profile_add_body
find and remove

Code:

<label><input type="radio" name="profilemsgs" value="-1" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_profile_advanced.PROFILE_MSGS_HIDE} />{L_HIDE_TAB}</label>

save and publish

the other solution is to hide the member's option "Hide my online status" from the profile preferences
here is the tutorial https://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com/t831-tutorial-disable-the-option-hide-my-online-status#4154

Hi

I do not know if it is a member who is hidden - it says: There are a total of 21 users on the system now: 3 registered, 1 hidden and 17 guests - the hidden one may not be a member at all?
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 53
Reputation : 1
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by skouliki September 11th 2021, 12:28 pm

a hidden user is someone who registered....hidden users have their username Italicized in the online list

- Hide your online status : If you select yes, you will appear as a Hidden member in the Who Is On Line.
Please note that the administrators are able to see the hidden members, and so can the moderators (if this option is activated).
Note: However, you will appear in the "Members connected during last X hours"

https://help.forumotion.com/t3341-your-profile-avatar-signature#18912
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11447
Reputation : 1431
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by Poul David September 11th 2021, 4:12 pm

@skouliki wrote:a hidden user is someone who registered....hidden users have their username Italicized in the online list

- Hide your online status : If you select yes, you will appear as a Hidden member in the Who Is On Line.
Please note that the administrators are able to see the hidden members, and so can the moderators (if this option is activated).
Note: However, you will appear in the "Members connected during last X hours"

https://help.forumotion.com/t3341-your-profile-avatar-signature#18912

Yes, but it's not my online status as admin I want to hide - it's members' online status I want to prevent them from hiding on the forum - how do I do that?

can I do it as admin?

Paul
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 53
Reputation : 1
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by Ape September 11th 2021, 5:25 pm

@skouliki wrote:hello

Do you mean registered members hide their online status?
Navbar > Profile > Preferences > Hide my online status

admins can see hidden members and moderators if you have the option checked for them

you can try this but i do not know if it is going to work

go  Templates ..Profile ..profile_add_body
find and remove

Code:

<label><input type="radio" name="profilemsgs" value="-1" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_profile_advanced.PROFILE_MSGS_HIDE} />{L_HIDE_TAB}</label>

save and publish

the other solution is to hide the member's option "Hide my online status" from the profile preferences
here is the tutorial https://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com/t831-tutorial-disable-the-option-hide-my-online-status#4154

skouliki has already told you in this post just remove the code from your templates and then the members can't use the setting on their profiles as they will not be there it is really all there is to it.


hidden profiles? Left1212hidden profiles? Center11hidden profiles? Right112
hidden profiles? Ape_b110
hidden profiles? Keep_s10
hidden profiles? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 17039
Reputation : 1839
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by SLGray September 11th 2021, 11:47 pm

You do understand that the profiles are not hidden, correct?   When a member selects yes for this option, only their online status is hidden which means it appears to normal members as the hidden member is not online.


hidden profiles? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 49641
Reputation : 3439
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by Poul David September 12th 2021, 10:03 am

@SLGray wrote:You do understand that the profiles are not hidden, correct?   When a member selects yes for this option, only their online status is hidden which means it appears to normal members as the hidden member is not online.

ok I can not figure it out and I dare not change anything in the admin.panel! - Now I just want to be able to see who is hiding his online status! - how and where can I see it in the admin panel?

Paul
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 53
Reputation : 1
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by skouliki September 12th 2021, 1:37 pm

We have already answered your question
Please reread our posts
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11447
Reputation : 1431
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by Poul David September 12th 2021, 3:17 pm

@skouliki wrote:We have already answered your question
Please reread our posts

Ok! - I think I have found out who is hidden and who is not hidden! - When I enter the forum without being logged in, it says at the bottom e.g. 4 profiles, and when I log in, there are maybe 6 profiles! - which means that the 2 who can not be seen without being logged in are the bare profiles! - Many thanks for the help! - Paul Smile
Poul David
Poul David
Forumember

Posts : 53
Reputation : 1
Language : Danmark

View user profile https://dinedebatter.danskforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by skouliki September 12th 2021, 5:03 pm



you are welcome

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 11447
Reputation : 1431
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: hidden profiles?

Post by Ape September 12th 2021, 8:42 pm

Just to show you how it works

Anyone not hidden will be Ape, Dave, Kevin,

The members who is hidden is like this >> Jack the names are in italic
So If you as a admin or founder or Mod you can see this when logged in.

Red arrows show me as hidden founders / Admin Mods can see
Green arrows are members who is not hidden.
hidden profiles? Captu430


hidden profiles? Left1212hidden profiles? Center11hidden profiles? Right112
hidden profiles? Ape_b110
hidden profiles? Keep_s10
hidden profiles? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 17039
Reputation : 1839
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

SLGray and TonnyKamper like this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum