The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again.

4 posters

Go down

Solved We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again.

Post by azwiz November 21st 2021, 10:32 pm

As all similar topics are closed . I had to start a new one .

The last one

"I'm not a robot"

Describes the old annoying issue with the " CAPTCHA " . But at least one is able to get past that .

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Captch10

Even going so far as to require selecting the pictures .

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Captch11

But that is nothing compared to this new one . That has me locked out of my own website .

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again.

Confirmation code:
Please confirm that you are not a spammer by clicking the verification button.

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Locked10

This occurred just NOW . I click " SAVE " and the screen just keeps returning . I am essentially locked out of my own forum . I am/was posting and editing in my forum when this happened . And is still in that state . I suppose I will just close it out and then return . But I do not want this to continue .

It is very frustrating .

Thank you

EDIT : Now an hour has passed . I have learned that I cannot avoid or get past that prompt .

If I leave that page to go to another forum . And then try and reenter the forum I was editing . Or if I close out that page . It will delete my edits . Not cool .

After that happened the first time and I lost a half a page of text . The next time I copied my edits into my hidden forum . So that I can add them later once you figure out how to stop this .

Thank you .

Last edited by azwiz on November 22nd 2021, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again.

Post by brandon_g November 22nd 2021, 12:57 am

Hello,

In all likelihood the anti-spam protection system has been triggered on the forum by doing too many actions in a short period of time. After a couple hours this should go away on its own and you should be able to resume normal use. There is no way to over ride this system. We apologize for the inconvenience, but understand it exists to defend your forum against Spambots who often post dozens of times in a span of just a couple minutes, and so the system sees too many actions in a short period of time as the forum potentially being targeted by a spambot and automatically takes measures to protect the forum.

-Brandon

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Brando10
Remember to mark your topic We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

SLGray likes this post

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again.

Post by azwiz November 22nd 2021, 2:29 am

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

In all likelihood the anti-spam protection system has been triggered on the forum by doing too many actions in a short period of time. After a couple hours this should go away on its own and you should be able to resume normal use. There is no way to over ride this system. We apologize for the inconvenience, but understand it exists to defend your forum against Spambots who often post dozens of times in a span of just a couple minutes, and so the system sees too many actions in a short period of time as the forum potentially being targeted by a spambot and automatically takes measures to protect the forum.

-Brandon

Well Brandon . Of course that would seem to be the likely cause .

But in this case it is not . I entered my forum for the first time in over a week . Solely to enter 1 bit of information in 1 post . After I clicked " SEND " . I got this screen

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Locked11

Wondering who and what I was confirming this to ?

But immediately the screen returned with the added red lettering . Who is this that is not validating me in my own forum ?

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Locked12

So anyway . I closed it out . Went back into it . To find that my edit did not take . So I tried it again . This time I saved my edit and placed it in a hidden forum .

Then I posted to Forumotion .

By that time I had spent not even 5 minutes in my forum . Today . Making 1 edit . And zero time for over a week .

I then went shopping . I ate dinner . I started to watch a pay per view . Then I lost my internet . Got that back on . Rebooted my computer .Went to answer your reply . Decided to try the edit again . Logged in , tried the edit in the post again . Clicked " SEND ". And

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Locked13

Then

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Locked14

Of course this means that I nor anyone can perform any action in my forum . Please understand that is what I am saying .

So now I am not a happy camper . Frustrated and needing to end this very large more than an inconvenient block on my forum .

I will patiently wait for forumation support to provide me with a researched solution to this issue .

I do appreciate your time and efforts . Looking forward to getting this behind me .

EDIT : Just so you know . I was just able to " create a new topic " , and " post a reply " . But again when I try to edit I get the spam block . Very weird ..
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki November 22nd 2021, 10:33 am

is this happening to other members also or just you ?

skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15118
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz November 22nd 2021, 12:04 pm

skouliki wrote:is this happening to other members also or just you ?

Just so you know . My forum is an informational and entertainment website only . There are 396 registered members that were from a different era . Seldom do any of them visit as logged in members . I know that some may visit as guests .

The only activity other than myself is the 30 or so new members per year that register , then log in to post , promote , advertise an app or a product . That is usually a 1 time action . Never again returning and logging in .

So what I have is a Virtual Ghost Town . That I use as my personal storage for information . Some I post and some I enter into a hidden forum . Named " MY SHIT I DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE " .

So it is just me .

T was curious as to what and how many guests were visiting . And how many views that totaled up to . So I added an app that counts new guests . ( only once ) . And counts pages read . ( not by me )

WEBSITE GUEST COUNTER

CLICK TO FIND OUT ABOUT NEW COUNTER .

GUEST COUNTER Web Hits 00888 = average 2 per day

NEW PAGE COUNTER Web page reads 02643 average 7 per day .

I kind of justifies at least maintaining and occasionally the site updating here and there .

I did find that the topic that first blocked me from making an edit yesterday . Continues to block me . While no other actions in any other topic or forum are affected .

So the situation is not critical . But still must be fixed .

Leaving for work now . Later .

Thank you

azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 22nd 2021, 4:19 pm

Hello this could be down to you not posting for a long time and it would ask you to make sure your not a spammer or a hacker making a post on your account.

I have seen this happen my self on my test site. After you have posted 2 or 3 times it should go away

We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Left1212We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Center11We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Right112
We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Ape_b110
We could not validate that you are not a spammer. Please retry again. Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19109
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz November 22nd 2021, 10:04 pm

Ape wrote:Hello this could be down to you not posting for a long time and it would ask you to make sure your not a spammer or a hacker making a post on your account.

I have seen this happen my self on my test site. After you have posted 2 or 3 times it should go away

I certainly hope so .

As of right now . I attempted to again edit the same topic . I still could not . Same validation message .

Yesterday I reported that I was successful in " posting a reply " in the some topic . Below the other one .

I had no problems editing that one .

At this point I am not going to worry about it . If it persists I will delete it and recreate it .

Thank you for your help .

I will mark this solved .
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki November 22nd 2021, 11:57 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15118
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down