The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Contact

3 posters

Go down

Solved No Contact

Post by Jempy January 21st 2024, 12:35 am

Hi all,

I'm just a forum user and the main moderator at one forum hosted at Forumotion.
In fact I don't know who I might contact here for an embarassing problem to solve.
I don't even know which kind of hosting our forum is using.

But one thing is sure .... we don't have news from our forum manager since september 2023, he doesn't answer any private message at the forum and any private email and didn't post anything since then while he was nearly present at this forum 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes much more.
Moreover he's absent from all other forums which he was regularly visiting since the very same date.
We tried our best to find the possible solutions to have news but .... nothing gave results.
Did a big problem happen ? is he still living ? no single answer possible ..

We'd like to keep this private forum alive keeping all its older topics but cannot be sure of how it is possible, which conditions are applied to this forum and what should even be possible for the future.

Who  can I contact here ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Jempy
Jempy

Language : French - English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: No Contact

Post by SLGray January 21st 2024, 1:05 am

@Jempy
So you are part of the staff of this forum?

No Contact Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51503
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Jempy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki January 21st 2024, 9:00 am

hello

is the forum manager also the founder of that forum?
is there another staff that you can contact and ask ?

we do have a procedure if the founder is absent over 6 months you can read this tutorial
https://help.forumotion.com/t81878-recovery-or-change-founder-of-an-account
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15157
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Jempy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jempy January 21st 2024, 11:52 am

Hello to both Hello

I'm not really part of the Administration, except that I have the moderator rights with 5 other members.
Out of those 5, one is deceased, 2 are absent with no messages since 2021 and 2022, 1 is there but rather inactive and just 1 is really regularly present and active.

The Manager is the founder of the forum in 2015-04-14 and as I knew him already before I joined in 2015-04-28 , just for him the time to preprare the base forum threads.
Our forum is a rather private and closen one as we are in fact at the start a modding group for GTR2 game.
Only faithful members ( or followers ) have access to it.

I'm the most active member there nowadays but don't act as tje manager, I'm trying in the meantime to keep the most active members in a friendly group.... but am always discussing 1st everything with those ones ( +- 10 regular members ). We wish all to continue our work, creating content but also improving what was already released since 2013.

I personally had a forum a few years ago in France for a simracing league, we were both admins with a belgian friend but he was the one with PHP and html knowledge while I managed our league servers.
I'm still busy as Organizer in another french league nowadays.

No problem for waiting for the 6 months needed for the founder's absence .... but in the meantime could you have a look in order to check if our forum is a pure free one or not ? did the founder take paying additions to it or not ? ... as in this case we might maybe pay the needed fee to keep them as maybe the founder will not pay them any longer as his email address seems remaining without any answer and maybe even not used any longer.

This is the address of the forum: https://absolutehideout.forumotion.com/
I guess you have access to my mail address if you wish to check some infos first of course.

Thanks for your answers and time
Wishing you a good sunday.

Cheers,
Jempy

Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki January 21st 2024, 2:26 pm

The forum is invision version and you have the free package
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jempy January 21st 2024, 3:13 pm

Thanks for those last precisions.

In conclusion, all we have to do now is wait for those 6 full months + 1 day in order to be able to ask for the proposed procedure.
We of course hope that he will reappear soon, proof that he's well and alive ... but we also fear that something might have happened as that's not really his usual way to act or to take sudden decisions without warning.
He's in Portugal ... never met him in real as we live rather far away as most of our members ... but we know each other long enough to know how he was fine.

Can I leave this thread open in the meantime ( it will allow not to have to write all this again within +- 2 months.
Mark it "solved" should need a "do it again" action ( our time is precious surely ! Laughing )
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki January 21st 2024, 6:31 pm

I will mark this as solved and you can pm a staff member or me to re open it when you are ready
Or open a new thread providing this link and all the information the procedure requires

Thank you

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Ape and TonnyKamper like this post

Back to top Go down