The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmation Emails Not Sending

3 posters

Go down

In progress Confirmation Emails Not Sending

Post by That Admin Person 28/6/2013, 06:10

I have my forum confirmation emails sent to the individuals users to check if they're human, and I know how to change it.

My members and people who want to sign up have brought it to my attention that they aren't getting confirmation emails, even in their Spam folders. Now when one of my users signed up again using a Gmail account, it worked with no problems.

I want to know why my users are having this problem, because it will really mess up my forum if we don't get this fixed. Please help us ASAP!
That Admin Person
That Admin Person
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.8Grammys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Confirmation Emails Not Sending

Post by SLGray 28/6/2013, 07:42

Tell them to add Forumotion to their allow list. You might want to add this somewhere on your forum.

Confirmation Emails Not Sending Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by That Admin Person 28/6/2013, 10:53

SLGray wrote:Tell them to add Forumotion to their allow list.  You might want to add this somewhere on your forum.
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what an "allow list" is.
That Admin Person
That Admin Person
Forumember

http://www.8Grammys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri 28/6/2013, 14:25

That Admin Person wrote:
SLGray wrote:Tell them to add Forumotion to their allow list.  You might want to add this somewhere on your forum.
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what an "allow list" is.

What this problem is most likely is that they are detecting spam related to the Forumotion part mentioned in the email and the email isn't being delivered, this is due to how your members have gotten their email spam settings set up.

Now every email provider has options which allow you to disallow an address and allow an address and this is what SLGray is talking about. Now I'm not suggesting your members have deliberately blocked Forumotion but the email provider has detected Forumotion as common spam and therefore the email itself just isn't being delivered.  

By "allow list" SLGray basically means the list of approved domains in which the email should then come through. Its called a lot of different things depending on the email provider/company. 

Sometimes it is called "Allowed" list 

Sometimes its called a "Whitelist" 

It does have multiple names. Just tell your users that they should look under their spam settings and they'll usually find a place which allows them to add an approved domain so that the email will come through.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down