The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ?

Post by azwiz November 29th 2017, 10:14 pm

The newsletter feature is one of the most valuable and most of the time more efficient and effective tools you offer .
I have been using it at least once per month for over 3.5 years now .
Today however it does not want to send to the recipients .
3 different times I have tried to send it . 3 different times I have received the email confirmation to my personal email . And 3 different times I have received the final confirmation .

Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Confir10

10:21 AM
11:10 AM
1:08 PM
All 3 times I did not receive the final draft . And no recipients received it either . Is there something on your end that I don't know about ?

Last edited by azwiz on December 5th 2017, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ?

Post by Ape November 29th 2017, 10:59 pm

Hello Thank you for posting your problem here today.

As you may or may not know the news letter system has only one server and if your forum says it's been sent then yes it has been, But sadly this don't mean it has been sent to all your members.

This means it has been sent to our server and it's put in a list to be sent out bit by bit.

We ask you to hold on 24 to 48hrs before post here as the system is backed up.

To know if it's been sent out and your members have got them you need to look in your ACP under Tracking and archives it will show up there if it's sent but this don't mean all your members have them.

We understand this is frustrating but the system is a little slow when lots of Founders send lots of news letter, Remember if you have lots of members and so does 400 + other forum have the same it can take time.

Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Left1212Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Center11Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Right112
Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Ape_b110
Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19144
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ?

Post by azwiz November 29th 2017, 11:42 pm

Yes . No it has not shown up in the archives yet . This was sent to 51 members . I will wait patiently till tomorrow and check again .
Thank you .
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 30th 2017, 2:02 am

Your welcome @azwiz

It will show up in there when it's sent and all or most of your members have got the Newsletter

Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Left1212Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Center11Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Right112
Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Ape_b110
Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz December 5th 2017, 6:27 pm

Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Newsle10

To follow up . Eventually most of the letters I have sent since thread . have shown up in the archives . Not all . I am no longer able to use this feature . I have only sent a total of about 5 letters since this thread . Very short . 2 or 3 lines . A few to about 50 recipients . And a couple to a single recipient . A member that changed his email 2 years ago and was complaining that he doesn't receive the newsletters . I have updated his email now . To get him familiar with the newsletter email . both the default and my personal email . I tried to send him one of each .

Lol. But no . I get the error message above . Yesterday . I tried again today to send 1 small news letter to the single recipient . Same error message again ? I mean what is the limit ? 1 per week ?
This is so annoying . What is the deal ?
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 5th 2017, 9:30 pm

You get that warning as you still have a number of news letters not been sent from our system so if you have already sent out X number and only one news letter has been posted to all your members that means yo have 2 or maybe more still in the pipe line to be sent out still.

you are trying to send more than the count of 3 and the system will not let you.

You will have to hold on until all your news letters have to hold on until all your news letters show up in your ACP archives before sending any more.

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz December 5th 2017, 9:38 pm

Okay . So the limit is 3 . Why does it take days to send 1 news letter with 1 or 2 lines ?Is there a way to upgrade or speed it up ?

Thank you

mpelmmc wrote:Hi @azwiz

As far as I'm concerned the system of newsletter depends on how much newsletters are in the queue (not only on your forum but in all forumotion). Your newsletter will send when it's its time.

Unfortunately, we're getting close to Christmas, so I think this will go worse until mid-January because the admins will increase the newsletters to congratulate Christmas to their members. My advice would be to save your newsletter for things really important. Of course, you can do whatever you want but you might have to wait until this newsletters come to your members Sad

Greetings.

Okay . This is the first i have heard that my forums messages go into the forumotion que with the rest of the forums in forumotion . That explains it completely .
thank you .

APE wrote:

Remember we have something like 20,000 forums out there and if half of the them send news letters out and they have a big forum or a small forum each news letter has a Email address and they all get put in the one server.

So please understand this can be days before you get one email in the list of 100's of thousands a day

Got it .

Last edited by azwiz on December 5th 2017, 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc December 5th 2017, 9:48 pm

Hi @azwiz

As far as I'm concerned the system of newsletter depends on how much newsletters are in the queue (not only on your forum but in all forumotion). Your newsletter will send when it's its time.

Unfortunately, we're getting close to Christmas, so I think this will go worse until mid-January because the admins will increase the newsletters to congratulate Christmas to their members. My advice would be to save your newsletter for things really important. Of course, you can do whatever you want but you might have to wait until this newsletters come to your members Sad

Greetings.

Last edited by mpelmmc on December 5th 2017, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1092
Language : English and Spanish

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 5th 2017, 9:51 pm

Like i have already said when you send out a news letter no matter how big or small your Letters get put in a long long queue.

The system will take the next say 100 Email addresses from the top of that queue and send it out then when all of the 100 have been ticked to say they was sent then the next 100 or so will be sent out.

Your news letters get added to the bottom of the queue and then if say i then send one out mine will go to the bottom of the queue it's like a shop or store when you go to get your food you have to stand in a queue it's the same thing.

There is NO way to speed this up our system is over worked right now and we are doing our best to get this to go faster but right now it's all we can do.

Remember we have something like 20,000 forums out there and if half of the them send news letters out and they have a big forum or a small forum each news letter has a Email address and they all get put in the one server.

So please understand this can be days before you get one email in the list of 100's of thousands a day

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 6th 2017, 1:09 am

It is not based on what is in the newsletters, but on the number of newsletters (yours and every other forum hosted by Forumotion).

Why is the newsletter not sending to the recipients after confirmation ? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51501
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape December 6th 2017, 3:36 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down