The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In progress Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine.

Post by ctrr03 17/9/2015, 22:19

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Member
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : end of June 2015
Forum link : theisland.heavenforum.org

Description of problem

I am unable to access just one thread in the forum. I can access everything esle with no problem. The forum owner has no idea why this one thread will not work for me, as I do have permission to access it. When I try to access I get the following:
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

All other pages load fine. I have no problem anywhere else except this one thread.

If I do a search on the person that posts, I can access that person's post, so the problem isn't with the post. The forum owner thought maybe with where this person shares his music from, but I have no problem accessing his music when I do the search. I am the only one on the forum that has this problem and it's only in this one particular thread
"Water's Grab Bag Of Also Rans Playlist...maybe bordering on goofy,but I don't care Smile" For a while, this thread worked sporadically, but now won't allow access at all. I have permission from the forum owner to post this here to see if perhaps anyone has any idea why I can't access just this one thread, yet everything else works. I can't even access to turn off the "new post" indicator, which is why I know I should be able to access this.

ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Language : Eng;ish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine.

Post by mpelmmc 18/9/2015, 00:02

Hello

That is a problem from firefox. It detects like there's something wrong with that thread and it's not letting you join. It's not a forumotion problem.

Try with Google Chrome or other browser and it'll let you see the topic Wink

Regards
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1092
Language : English and Spanish

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine.

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 00:36

I just tried with both Safari and with jellybean (android tablet) and both are doing the same thing and it's only with the one thread itself.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 18/9/2015, 06:55

Hello,

Have you tried clearing browser your cache and cookies and/or forum cookies and trying again?

If that doesn't work, may you please provide us a screenshot of the error?

-Brandon

Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine. Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine. Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine. Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 08:52

May I ask how to delete forum cookies? I can't find the link for that and I know I've used it in the past.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 18/9/2015, 09:18

Should be a link at the bottom of the forum. If you can't find it, try asking an admin on the site about it. To see if the link is enabled in the admin panel or not.

-Brandon
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 09:23

I have sent a message to the forum admin on how to clear the forum cookies, since the link no longer appears. If a member clears the forum cookies, does it only affect that member's cookies on their computer or on all of the fourm?

I cleaned the browser cache. This is the error I get when I try to access the one thread. All else in the forum works fine with no problem

Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine. Screenshot%20from%202015-09-18%20100629

As I've said before, it's only one thread from the whole forum that I can't access. Yet, if I do a search on the person that posts, I can access the post that way. It's just strange that every time I try to go to that thread, it won't work, yet there is no problem anywhere else.

I just want to know if the problem is forumotion related or not, as no one else seems to have this issue and with me, it's only in this one thread.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 18/9/2015, 09:59

When you clear the forum cookies, it will only clear all cookies on that 1 forum. If it is only you that has the problem, it is highly likely it is something on your end. Since we are not pusichally there and can not helo with your device, all we can do for you here is make recommendations. Have you tried from any other devices? You said you have tried other browsers?

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine. Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 10:44

The same problem occurs on my tablet, and on my phone, as well as the tv computer. Just seems strange it only affects one thread though, which was why I thought to ask if there might be a problem with the thread itself.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 18/9/2015, 11:19

You said no one else on the forum seems to have the issue?

-Brandon

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 18/9/2015, 11:19

Hello @ctrr03

are you (at the moment) in a censor-sensitive-country? for example turkey? Wink
Niko
Niko
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 3108
Language : English, Italian, French

https://www.fmcodes.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 12:21

It exactly sounds like an Internet connection issue, not a browser issue.

Unable to access one thread in a forum, yet rest of forum works fine. Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 12:25

I'm in the US. No one else has the issue except me. I figure I have to try to see if you can help. It's just funny how it's only one thread in the forum that is giving me this problem and not the whole forum, especailly when I can look up the individual's posts and still see them. However, best to eliminate things to be sure they aren't the problem, right?
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 12:28

When the page is loading, is there a link that says waiting at the bottom left corner of your screen?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 12:36

No. it goes right into the "connection to the server was lost while loading".
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 12:41

Could you please post the link to this topic?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 12:43

ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 18/9/2015, 13:00

ctrr03 wrote:I'm in the US. No one else has the issue except me.

If you are the only one who has the problem, then its problem not on FM's side and its not the topic itself with the issue. It is very likely only something on your end thats the problem.

-Brandon
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 13:13

Way I see it, it's best to have it checked through forumotion to eliminate it being a problem with the thread itself before finding someone else to investigate what it might be. This way, once it's ruled out that there is not a problem on forumotion with it, then the next would be to find a tech person that could give some clues as to what might be causing the issue. Since the thread is the only one I'm having trouble with, Forumotion would be the first to be checked out. One never knows what strange things can happen. For all I know, it might be something with my operating system too, but one always starts with the easiest route when troubleshooting a problem.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 13:15

If it is on Forumotion side then you would not be the only one having the issue.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g 18/9/2015, 13:18

ctrr03 wrote:Way I see it, it's best to have it checked through forumotion to eliminate it being a problem with the thread itself before finding someone else to investigate what it might be. This way, once it's ruled out that there is not a problem on forumotion with it, then the next would be to find a tech person that could give some clues as to what might be causing the issue. Since the thread is the only one I'm having trouble with, Forumotion would be the first to be checked out. One never knows what strange things can happen. For all I know, it might be something with my operating system too, but one always starts with the easiest route when troubleshooting a problem.

SLGray wrote:If it is on Forumotion side then you would not be the only one having the issue.

Precisely, since you seem to be the only one with the problem, it is probably your end. If it were Forumotion's end EVERYONE would have the same problem as you.
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 13:25

Yes, but then I'm also the only one using Linux operating system that I know of on the site. Also why would I be able to see the post from a search, yet not be able to access th e thread? That is the part I couldn't figure out, which is what lead me to check here first.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 13:27

Are you using a mobile device?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 13:32

I'm using my computer, The same thing happens with my phone and with my tablet also.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc 18/9/2015, 13:53

We have to insist. It's your problem. Maybe you have something like a curse with that thread but forumotion can't do anything.
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1092
Language : English and Spanish

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 14:14

You say you can search the member's posts.  Do you mean that you can access the topic through the search?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 14:22

Yes. If I do a search on the person that made the post, then I can see the actual post the person made. It won't be the thread itself, but that person's post does come up and I can then see it. It's why I wondered if the problem was in the thread itself somehow. What I do is go to the last poster on that thread do a search. If that person has posted in that thread before, then I would be able to see all the posts that come up in the search for them.

That was the reason I came to forumotion first. I wanted to be sure that there was nothing wrong with the thread itself before I go explore other causes.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 18/9/2015, 14:29

If it was the topic then other members should be having the same issue.  Try this:  clear your browser's cache and history.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ctrr03 18/9/2015, 14:35

Done.
ctrr03
ctrr03
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 18/9/2015, 14:37

Hello,

can you try to create a new account as normal user, and see if you still have the problem?
Niko
Niko
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 3108
Language : English, Italian, French

https://www.fmcodes.net/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next