The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spam pop-ups and virus problem

2 posters

Go down

In progress Spam pop-ups and virus problem

Post by Otangelo Grasso February 18th 2016, 1:04 pm

Users that visit my forum ( which is rather a personal virtual library ) complain that when they access a page, or a topic, a pop-up window shows up, and who has a anti-virus, complains that his anti virus signalizes that the webpage has a harmful virus. how can i solve this problem ?

I want also to make a back up of all the information , how can i do this ?
Otangelo Grasso
Otangelo Grasso

Language : english

http://reasonandscience.heavenforum.org/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Spam pop-ups and virus problem

Post by brandon_g February 18th 2016, 2:49 pm

Hello,

First off, I just want to let you know all Forumotion forums are secure and that there is no malware or viruses on your forum, so you and users don't need to worry. Smile

As for the user's anti virus software targetting your site as a threat, try asking them to add your site to its whitelist or safelist and see if it this helps resolve the issue. If this still doesn't get it to stop, then ask him/her what anti virus they are using, as if all else fails, then our main office can call the anti virus company/developer and clear things up and get them removed from their lists/servers.

As for the pop up thing, may you please ask your user for a screenshot of the pop up? This will help us better understand what your user is getting and help us better help you or them fix it. I can tell you now though, that FM does not use pop up ads, so rest assured of this.

-Brandon

Spam pop-ups and virus problem Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Spam pop-ups and virus problem Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Spam pop-ups and virus problem Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down