The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing).

5 posters

Go down

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Empty Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing).

Post by jayen4 August 14th 2018, 9:46 pm

Hi all ,
Been advised to come here to see if you guys can solve a problem for me.....(Lopsum sent me here).

I am a member over at 'The Community(Debt,health and wellbeing). http://goodf.forumotion.com ..
I am wanting to start a new topic , but cannot see any button to enable this. Also, I cannot see any method of replying to other topics ! I've not encountered this problem before and have posted there in the past...... obviously something has changed somewhere to cause this issue , but I can't work out what . I have only been able to communicate with the mods via private messages , however , I cannot even reply to their p.m.'s . I have to send a new p.m. each time.....
I am running Windows 7 and Kaspersky Total Security . I have not changed any settings .

I get by with computers but am not particularly 'tech minded'..... you have been warned ! lol....

So.....anyone know what the issue might be here ,please ??

*Hopefully this is in the right place , but please notify if you need to move this post.... Thanks in advance. :-)
jayen4
jayen4

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Empty Re: Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing).

Post by Jadster August 14th 2018, 9:48 pm

Hello!
If you are unable to create a topic in a forum it may be a permission issue. Are you the founder / owner of the forum?

Cheers,
James
Jadster
Jadster
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 690

https://ygoduelists.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Empty Re: Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing).

Post by ChanelW August 14th 2018, 11:14 pm

It sounds like the staff on the forum may have changed your permissions and restricted you from creating topics and posting. My suggestion would be to continue sending individual private messages and inform the staff that you are experiencing an issue with permissions and hopefully they should look into it for you.

Unfortunately, I believe there is nothing the team here can do on the support forum unless you are the founder of the forum. In which case it seems you are not.

Regards,
Chanel Smile
ChanelW
ChanelW
Forumember

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray August 15th 2018, 12:37 am

The topic was posted in the wrong section, so I have moved it to the correct section.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51507

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g August 15th 2018, 2:11 am

Hello,

The only thing we could offer to you would be try and clear your cache, if that doesn't work, you will have to reach out to the admin of the forum and have them help you, because since you don't have access to the admin panel, not much more we can offer you in terms of advice.

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jayen4 August 15th 2018, 5:20 am

O.K. Thank you all . I am not the founder / owner of the forum that I mentioned. Lopsum is I believe their 'tech' man and it was he who suggested that I come here.
I will send them another p.m. and ask them to look into this 'permissions' issue.
Thanks again people...

Jayen4.
jayen4
jayen4

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray August 15th 2018, 7:47 am

Maybe it would help us if they come and ask for help.

Cannot see a way to start a new topic (no button showing). Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51507

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down