The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tapatalk mod

+59
brandon_g
jeffcpr
theego
Dzombache
jayrose1
Biker
obie1980
Soulmonster
Vladimir79
luiz1877
Giooo
anastas95
myforum
MarkCwee
elliwhi
luiz187
RadioHead
cassmst220
cro.chopper
bdh
The Highway Man
Chinton25
thames 300e
Derri
tugatech
Talk
Ape
mrkniceguy
S-t-e-v-e-
SLGray
Dampforum
Ripley
Hardcore Gamer
thunderwagn
AndyTmcb
BiGMERF
Flatline
DailyRacingTips
vanvalks
satdav
Hans17
Denny
mdoyle
FeNris
titanshadow
Hammer
Jophy
enjoiskater40
jwilcoxon
dT PsYKo G0aT
RedRaw
Darkness_demoN
Vito
hannahl3
Caihlem
hackmodford
gunge31
94killerz
BIGbadGHOST
63 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Add Tapatalk mod to the server for easy access for mobile users

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Left1193%Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Right11 93% 
[ 161 ]
Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Left117%Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Right11 7% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 174

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Empty Tapatalk mod

Post by BIGbadGHOST March 30th 2010, 8:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Taken from a post by a previous member on November 24th 2009,

Members on our forum have requested this mod as we can not install the mod at present Sad i have searched and found very little with regards to the above mentioned mod which in this day and age is a must have i would have thought for easy access for those members using mobile phones to access the forums.

Quote "While looking for ways for the board I am associated with to have an interface I came across the TapATalk solution( www.tapatalk.com) . It is a software piece that takes a phpBB 3 board (which Forumotion is able to use) and can turn it into a clean interface for an iPhone or iPod touch. The product itself is completely free to forum hosters. While trying to see if I could add it to my specific board I learned that it would not be possible, but I could suggest it in here.

So I am hoping this suggestion gets a little attention from the people who run Forumotion. It seems like a win win for everyone involved.

The users would get the ability (after getting their client) to view forums written in a clean interface that looks like the normal iPod and iPod Touch applications. To the user it would be as easy as installing their application. They are working on an Android and a Blackberry version as well.

To hosters the of the boards (Forumotion) they would be able to easily add these capabilities without development or licensing cost (the software itself is GPL) and could add it as soon as they please. I tried it testing on a private installation of phpBB 3 and it worked instantly. No hassles. I know it would take some planning but in the grand scheme it seems like it would be one of the easiest advantages to add.

To the developers of TapATalk they would get to sell a lot of their clients (which are very cheap for iPhone, $2.99). For all the ability it adds and makes it easier for the users it is a very fair price."

this mod is free to install and the user is given the choice to read only or pay for the app and they can post via the i-phone etc.
I would appreciate your reply guys
BIGbadGHOST

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Empty Re: Tapatalk mod

Post by elliwhi January 12th 2014, 9:48 am

I agree with Luiz. Forumotion are going to be way behind their mobile version or tapatalk or easy access if google glass eventually comes out. :/
elliwhi
elliwhi
Forumember

Female Posts : 42
Language : English, Russian, French

http://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead January 15th 2014, 6:02 am

Guest wrote:forumotion can't add TapaTalk because they use phpBB2 server software, and TapaTalk requires server software written in this millennium. I suppose forumotion could write their own TapaTalk support code (the API is available to do so), but that would be just plain dumb given the security holes in the phpBB2 server code.

So if you want this, and MANY MANY other features, start a campaign to get forumotion to upgrade their server software -- because topics like this are WORTHLESS until the server software is upgraded.

cyclops Wish people would read the thread lol.
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by luiz1877 January 16th 2014, 2:08 am

RadioHead wrote:
Guest wrote:forumotion can't add TapaTalk because they use phpBB2 server software, and TapaTalk requires server software written in this millennium. I suppose forumotion could write their own TapaTalk support code (the API is available to do so), but that would be just plain dumb given the security holes in the phpBB2 server code.

So if you want this, and MANY MANY other features, start a campaign to get forumotion to upgrade their server software -- because topics like this are WORTHLESS until the server software is upgraded.

Yes but there is phpbb3 now so it should work Razz
luiz1877
luiz1877
Forumember

Male Posts : 155
Language : English | Portuguese

http://everyonesblog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead January 16th 2014, 9:24 am

luiz1877 wrote:
RadioHead wrote:

Yes but there is phpbb3 now so it should work Razz

Thats where you are wrong  Razz 

ForuMotion uses SITU Coding, in short custom hand made coding which takes a very long time to write test and fix. Our SITU is based of the 1990's PHPBB2, the iconic PHPBB3, InVision and PunBB are extreme modifications of PHPBB2, which also explains why both InVision & PHPBB3 don't have templates where as PunBB isn't as heavily modified as the other 2, and has alot in common with out PHPBB2 thus allowing the templates.
InVision still remains the favourite for coders because it's CSS is far more flexible then PunBB & PHPBB2, even with their templates available.
Ironic, PHPBB3 and Invision are able to tap into the templates if you how to know the right coding, and has been done prior.

And as you may have noticed, my colegue who wrote this, also noted Server side coding needed updating not just out base PHPBB2  Wink 

Hope this explains things abit better and doesn't patronize  Confused 
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by luiz1877 January 17th 2014, 2:32 am

Now i feel like forumotion is lazy. They better get that fixed soon or i may leave. I cant believe their code is ove 10 yrs old and hasnt been updated.
luiz1877
luiz1877
Forumember

Male Posts : 155
Language : English | Portuguese

http://everyonesblog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster March 4th 2014, 2:01 pm

I would like to bump this, see FM update their coding (if possible) and add Tapatalk. More precisely, my members want this and won't use my forum unless they can do it via Tapatalk. That is the situation, folks, we are losing activity because we aren't in with the times. This is the era of smart phones, not personal computers.
Soulmonster
Forumember

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 4th 2014, 2:31 pm

i'm shocked after 3 years we still dont have an user friendly mobile mode... no wonder our forums are dying...
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by obie1980 April 2nd 2014, 6:22 pm

After signing up just to post this. I just wanted to mention.

One of the forumotion forums I visit regularly has 500+ members, like me most of those have never visited the forumotion website or even felt need to register for it. The majority of people who visit here run the forum and actively do so.

Many forums will have been started by one, but ran by others, so like often hundreds of members this forum won't see any of them.

And so, while only 130+ votes,
So, is it not fair to say that it could actually be the owners of 500 strong communities.
Meaning we are looking at potentially 65,000 votes.

My final point is
I run a gaming websites and frequently visit numerous forums and communities,
And I guarantee smaller websites that I can't check easily while out and about don't get checked, many people don't have time to read numerous pages, let alone battle with desktop view on mobiles or tablets.

Even Facebook pages with integrated forums are easier to access while mobile than a forumotion page.

So, hopefully someone with a little power reads this and takes a second to think how much harm they're doing to their own members and potential customers

Even of they charged $15 to add Tapatalk surely it would be beneficial

((((apologies for not noticing if anyone replies directly to this post, 95% of my browsing and Internet usage (including running my own website and contemplating various publishers, developers and pr companies.
is via my mobile and thus I prefer to use Tapatalk or similar where possible.)))
obie1980

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead April 5th 2014, 4:39 am

Rolling Eyes
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Biker August 23rd 2014, 2:58 pm

Still no tapatalk, after all these years and threads! I'm seeing my forum of 2900+ members slowly dying because the majority of users nowadays connect via smartphone or tablet and we don't have a user friendly mobile interface! I'm tired of their requests for tapatalk, but they have  a point! 

Add Tapatalk! Do something!
Biker
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : greek

http://www.mototrail.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jayrose1 August 24th 2014, 9:53 pm

Ohh
jayrose1

http:// chatwall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tugatech August 29th 2014, 12:19 am

Same here...
The mobile version have improved, but still is not enough...

Most of the users that access online forums do it by Tapatalk.... Without them, is not the same thing...
And after more that 130 positive votes, 3 years and 10703 views  i don't see why this isn't being at least checked by someone from the forumotion team.... Sad
tugatech
tugatech
Forumember

Male Posts : 189
Language : Portuguese

Back to top Go down

Post by Dzombache September 3rd 2014, 12:08 am

Tapatalk support is CRUCIAL for the success of any forum these days, and it's going to be even more so in the future.
Mobile version has improved, but it's still far from being good enough. We NEED Tapatalk, and we need it like water.
Dzombache

http://www.nhl-serbia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theego January 12th 2015, 5:40 pm

**Bump** Any update on whether TapaTalk will ever be accessible with these forums?
theego

http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcpr March 15th 2015, 8:57 pm

I also am wondering is Tapatalk a possibility for our forums now.  I 2 have many members asking for Tapatalk they mobile version of our forums do work but the easy of Tapatalk is what most of our member are looking for.  So any updates on this topic thanks.
jeffcpr
jeffcpr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape March 15th 2015, 9:32 pm

No we still have no word on this mod ever being put on our system right now all you can do is keep voting and then maybe they will think about it some more but right now i can't see it getting added

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Left1212Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Center11Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Right112
Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Ape_b110
Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g March 15th 2015, 9:35 pm

It certainly has my vote, one time I spoke to a friend on mine who is a webmaster and coder of a paid live streaming site, I showed him my forum, he happened to view it on the mobile version and he asked if there was a way to make it better, heck he even volunteered to write the code himself! When I told him was not possible... he said "oh.. that is a shame then".

Of course he and I understand that my forum is hosted on a free to use service, but we were both still struck at the simplicity and amount of stripped features of the mobile version.

The above is a true story.
-Brandon
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo March 15th 2015, 9:47 pm

Personally, even if Forumotion decides to let us use Tapatalk, I will not. There have recently been many reports which say that hackers usually find ways to get access to forum which have installed it.
Perhaps the best solution would be the improvement of the current mobile version. Smile
Nemo
Nemo
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1203
Language : Greek, English, French

http://www.helpgr.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder March 17th 2015, 7:23 pm

Agreed!
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 721

http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g April 2nd 2015, 4:41 pm

BUMP for more votes.

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 10th 2016, 6:21 am

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51452

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Herry Sudrajat August 9th 2016, 4:32 am

need this
Herry Sudrajat
Herry Sudrajat
Forumember

Male Posts : 57
Language : Indonesian, English

http://www.dkvdaily.com/

Back to top Go down

Tapatalk mod - Page 4 Empty Linking forumotion to Tapatalk

Post by staceyharding November 3rd 2016, 1:05 am

Can anybody tell me how I can link my forumotion forum to the Tapatalk app please? As I am really struggling. Thank you.
staceyharding
staceyharding

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 3rd 2016, 3:50 am

staceyharding wrote:Can anybody tell me how I can link my forumotion forum to the Tapatalk app please? As I am really struggling. Thank you.
Start a topic in the correct support section.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by staceyharding November 3rd 2016, 3:51 am

I don't know how lol
staceyharding
staceyharding

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 3rd 2016, 3:53 am

staceyharding wrote:I don't know how lol
Please create a topic here:  https://help.forumotion.com/f46-other-problems .

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4