The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

+142
BrunoH.
Kiyomizu
patiogardener
ddoesmc
HrvojeP
KennyWD
mclechelle
eejiro12
Captain Hunk
MousEarz
dogsmycopilot
Khaoz
sourwolf
historian
RedMomma5
The Highway Man
user3822
ILikeApples
jimmyborregaard
HarleyThomas
Hopalong
alicia
margierose
Ultron's Vision
Menos
GrahamR
paor
E-Mark
nitroengine
boywonder
RsS.YuGi
lustromlingmech
wrap
Yous000
Marvin
Base
TruVampire
Baneus
Kryn Cluskio
Kaoru Shiratori
Spyro Dragon™
DK
yorkiegirl
Yun
EP3577
Selvester
DestinysGrace
SophieDophs
NiteSpinR
Mr.EasyBB
saltarski
Syndicate
JazeonX
Tara09
Calidae
babe16
Ronnytigs
Codyy
anastas95
SerahNoel
leonidas
angel_of_night
sasukekun
ShowStopper
Richardr
Willyrka
Rhino.Freak
Shadow Wolf75
Jingles Magic
Fehrat123
probidthetalk
Snack.Love
roberts1223
DHX
dcj91x
phutu01
Sir. Mayo
gameface101
mcheartz@gmail.com
AbbieBear
Richsballpythons
cecesaun1
serviceteam
psjamie
Dalekk7
That Admin Person
Sky Serpent
Holden Huffaker
NGOLIO
Asteroid35
Sir Chivas™
Rukiafan
tugatech
batman_il
dotdotdot
sfoop
Derri
Rogo
hart123
nextlevelgaming
Charisma Clash
Ape
Alexaderr
Talk
Tonight
Mariofan13
levy
FairyTailRP
EndlessDream
BL@DE
Stewartw
Ivo94
Jophy
udarsha45
Macca_96
bob77707
Usui
usmc80
RPM
WickedSoul
Asriel
belokniznik
bucnong
Neymar1
tommycoo
Yuri Sophie
JAN2XONLINE
runawayhorses
LostLegend
Sanket
S-t-e-v-e-
Aconitin
Juskteez
SLGray
!_NICK_!
JennyorAlice
RadioHead
mioshi11
ANGrey
iPur3Talent
Shadow
146 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Empty New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Shadow February 5th 2013, 12:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi there ! Hello

What do you think about the new improvements on your Forumotion's forums ?

Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Guest February 9th 2013, 7:54 pm

There are a plenty of forums which remove it and like Lg says
The small image in the toolbar isn't even a legal copyright, it's an icon and has no baring on the creators or owners of the code. It does nothing to specify about ownership, usage or modification, it is simply an aesthetic icon.

The JavaScript they use is pre-written Jquery plug ins that they can not put their own copyrights in.
The JavaScript they wrote themselves, has failed to include any copyrights within them.

It's very strange that they've decided to stick something on this feature and nothing else. They wrote the ticker themselves and the image resizer yet we see no Forumption stamp on that.
It's not the forumotion copyright and i think they have no rights to forbid us to change it

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Tonight February 9th 2013, 11:28 pm

Those are all great updates. Personally, I like that toolbar the most. But Forumotion copyright is the reason, why I ain't use it.

In my opinion, the footer copyright is enough.
Tonight
Tonight
Forumember

Male Posts : 312
Language : Estonian, English, Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! February 10th 2013, 2:33 am

Leeloo, why can we not remove the Forumotion Logo?

Three good reasons why to remove it,

1. It makes our forums look bad,
2. We have enough Forumotion links in the footers,
3. It looks like it is just for the Forumotion website.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk February 10th 2013, 12:28 pm

The new toolbar is amazing!

But there are a few disadvantages:

1.) If a forum is using this toolbar, the very first thing coming into sight for every visitor is the promotion for Forumotion in the left corner on top.
I don't mind supporting Forumotion, but this spot is too famous to be used for advertisement. Instead I want that new visitors notice first the forum subject or content, but not the forum provider first.

2.) The toolbar has a lot of empty space in the middle. I can't insert additional features, e. g. "hot topics", statistics, links and more stuff.

3.) I'm missing the option to adjust the toolbar in the administration panel, e. g. colors, content and icons.

4.) IMPORTANT: If I fix the toolbar, it covers the top of my forum. Could it move above the forum header instead?
Talk
Forumember

Male Posts : 127
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 10th 2013, 2:55 pm

Talk wrote:The new toolbar is amazing!

1.) If a forum is using this toolbar, the very first thing coming into sight for every visitor is the promotion for Forumotion in the left corner on top.
I don't mind supporting Forumotion, but this spot is too famous to be used for advertisement. Instead I want that new visitors notice first the forum subject or content, but not the forum provider first.

2.) The toolbar has a lot of empty space in the middle. I can't insert additional features, e. g. "hot topics", statistics, links and more stuff.

3.) I'm missing the option to adjust the toolbar in the administration panel, e. g. colors, content and icons.

4.) IMPORTANT: If I fix the toolbar, it covers the top of my forum. Could it move above the forum header instead?

2) This can be done with some javascript.I've not tried yet, but I'm pretty sure anyway.

3) This is done through CSS. I'd recommend having a little bit of CSS knowledge, which will allow you to fully customise the toolbar.

4) Add this to the CSS. (Display>Colours>CSS)

Code:
.conteneur_layout_IE {
  margin-top: 33px;
}
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stewartw February 10th 2013, 2:56 pm

Talk wrote:The new toolbar is amazing!

you can edit colors ect via css
Stewartw

Language : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk February 10th 2013, 4:09 pm

Neymar1 wrote:
Talk wrote:4.) IMPORTANT: If I fix the toolbar, it covers the top of my forum. Could it move above the forum header instead?

Code:
.conteneur_layout_IE {
}
Thank you for the hint.

I saw your post from yesterday and I tried it out immediately, but nothing changed and the toolbar still covers the head of my forum (only if it's fixed).
Talk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk February 10th 2013, 4:13 pm

Stewartw wrote:you can edit colors ect via css
Yes, I found the description in the announcement for the toolbar.

(For colors this should be enough.)
Talk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 10th 2013, 4:39 pm

We need to wait patiently while Forumotion works on a legal way to remove the Forumotion link from the toolbar.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 10th 2013, 7:17 pm

Talk wrote:
Neymar1 wrote:
Talk wrote:4.) IMPORTANT: If I fix the toolbar, it covers the top of my forum. Could it move above the forum header instead?

Code:
.conteneur_layout_IE {
}
Thank you for the hint.

I saw your post from yesterday and I tried it out immediately, but nothing changed and the toolbar still covers the head of my forum (only if it's fixed).

You're using Invision actually. I'll have a look tonight and get the equivalent of that code (phpbb3) for Invision.
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk February 10th 2013, 7:50 pm

Neymar1 wrote:You're using Invision actually. I'll have a look tonight and get the equivalent of that code (phpbb3) for Invision.
Wow! That would be fantastic, because a fixed toolbar is much better.
Talk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexaderr February 10th 2013, 9:27 pm

I love the new toolbar. Dawa
A big like from RSF! Wink
Alexaderr
Alexaderr

Male Posts : 5
Language : Romanian and English

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend February 10th 2013, 9:59 pm

My members (especially staff) are finding the toolbar's notification feature really useful actually as it notifies of posts in topics. Very Happy

Thanks ^.^
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend February 10th 2013, 10:46 pm

One thing though, the notifications don't appear to clear when you change account, according to a member.
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape February 10th 2013, 11:14 pm

LostLegend wrote:I like the 'hide posts by banned members' - it could even be expanded upon to have a 'delete all posts by selected member', especially in the case of said banned member actually posting harmful material. The construction thing will be useful too.

Im with you on this the hide all banned members post is Good but the delete the posts would be more better or maybe even have it so all banned posts get removed to a hid part of the forum would be better. New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Mouais

runawayhorses wrote:Another opinion I have about the new update, and I'm talking about the toolbar in particular here, is how attractive and well designed it is, I think the forumotion team that designed it deserve a round of applause.

I can honestly say I don't see what all the fuss is about concerning a Forumotion link on the toolbar, why in the world would anyone object to that? It certainly doesn't look bad or out of place, its obvious to anyone why its there, its because its a Forumotion toolbar and forum for cryin out loud, so why would you not want the brand name on your forum? Oh I get it, you want people to think you made it..haha..rotfl

Besides that I like the real-time notifications you get when someone replies to a post or sends you a PM, so my final thoughts and opinion on this update is good job forumotion team, and just know that besides these few posts here in this thread there are thousands of others that love the new toolbar and new updates you made, and they think the new toolbar looks fantastic, Great work. Smile

I'm so with you on this
I for one am really so grateful for all the updates we have had in the last week.
I can't get the bar to fade away but hey I am so happy we have the toolbar Wink
Works like a charm.

The only down side to it was it would have been better if we could place it in our nav bars instead of having a tool bar right at the top of the forum but hey we cant have everything can we Question

I say Good job FM New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Smiley10 Keep the good ones coming New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Ascaso
Over all I am (99.9% happy)
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 10th 2013, 11:16 pm

Talk wrote:
Neymar1 wrote:You're using Invision actually. I'll have a look tonight and get the equivalent of that code (phpbb3) for Invision.

You can add this to your CSS and adjust the 33px to whatever works on your forum.

Code:
.container_IE {
}
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Charisma Clash February 10th 2013, 11:25 pm

Forumotion is legit the best forum/site maker on the net...
Like not even trynna kiss arse... Too bad my site went down months ago.

These updates are great. Thank you for listening to us.
Charisma Clash
Charisma Clash
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk February 11th 2013, 12:32 am

Neymar1 wrote:
Talk wrote:

You can add this to your CSS and adjust the 33px to whatever works on your forum.

Code:
.container_IE {
}
Wonderful!

Thank you so much!
Talk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! February 11th 2013, 4:45 am

I also think something important is being left out.

You need to change 'in a watched topic' to the actual topic name.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming February 11th 2013, 10:33 am

Hmmm lets see. I like the inner (ACP) updates. I DO NOT like the tool bar update, and why?

1. Which is the biggest issue of mine is that we can't remove the Forumotion Ad on it? Um I paid for ad free and for domain. I shouldn't have to comply to that silly rule, especially when I can make my own. Only issue is I like the notifications . Which I may just make my own and append it to that toolbar New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Mouais of course this will probably be a TOS which is ridiculous like stated above.

2. Search bar is too thick for Forumotion Support site bar, as well as the Icons for socials. It just seems HUGE on the tool bar on here (as well as other sites.)

Well looks like I will wait for the next big update (2 years from now)
nextlevelgaming
nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariofan13 February 11th 2013, 10:37 am

Another problem is, that notifications are shown as new till you klick on them. It will be better, if a notification will be shown as "read notificaion" after you read the new posting in the forum Wink
Mariofan13
Mariofan13
Forumember

Male Posts : 188
Language : German, English, Latin, 1337, HTML, CSS, BBCode, Wikitext

http://mario-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 11th 2013, 10:55 am

Mariofan13 wrote:Another problem is, that notifications are shown as new till you klick on them. It will be better, if a notification will be shown as "read notificaion" after you read the new posting in the forum Wink
If you have read the new ones, they should not show as new. There are two places where you can delete them - profile or toolbar.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 4 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51489

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivo94 February 11th 2013, 2:56 pm

I have two things I'd like to report. They're not big issues but more perfection things. Smile
When a member connects, it says 'Username has just connect to the forum', which, I think, should be changed to 'Username has connected' ('just'/'to the forum' is slightly redundant but it's mainly about the 'connect' thing).
Also, I noticed that 'All my Messages' actually gets you to all your posts.

How about:
'View profile'
'Edit profile'

'Watched topics'
'Topics'
'Posts'

'Log out'

Just some ideas! king
Ivo94
Forumember

Male Posts : 84
Language : English, Dutch

http://septemberfans.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 11th 2013, 3:22 pm

This topic wasn't created to report some issues Smile

If you want to report a glitch, please create a topic in the Support Sections (if there's no other topic which talk about your issue).

If you want to report some grammar errors, here's the link : https://help.forumotion.com/t91017-grammar-errors

Thanks a lot Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivo94 February 11th 2013, 4:47 pm

Oh, I see! Apologies.
Ivo94
Forumember

Male Posts : 84
Language : English, Dutch

http://septemberfans.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 February 12th 2013, 9:58 am

Seems abit silly that we have to add all this code to the CSS/Java just to change simple elements. IMO there should be options in the Admin panel to enable them or not
Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 12th 2013, 10:09 am

Since the grammar errors have been reported in the good section, it should be changed soon.

Thank you
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by hart123 February 12th 2013, 3:44 pm

Oh now i can send PM :wouhou:
hart123

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogo February 13th 2013, 8:10 pm

It loads a little slowly in IE but other than that, I think it's a great feature. It goes well with our second toolbar as well.
Rogo
Forumember

http://thebalm.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 16th 2013, 10:24 pm

I found the updates to be quite nice Smile

The only downside I found was that it wasn't something that you could use often, unless you updated your forum a lot.

I like the idea of the notification bar, I'll admit this was a nice forum function.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next