The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerns Regarding the New Feature

+2
SLGray
Zeta
6 posters

Go down

Solved Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 24th 2019, 12:27 am

I'm not even sure where exactly this topic should go since it primarily pertains to Forumotion.com but also has to do with Forumsclub in relation to Forumotion. "Other Problems" seemed like the catch-all category to post it in. Is Forumotion still going to be around or is everything expected to convert over and Forumotion as a whole will close, leaving Forumsclub as the only option? Is the apparently mandatory after a certain time frame "Invitation" sent to email or to the forum itself, what is its subject, and on the off chance one is sent and it gets sent to the forum where do I find it to vehemently refuse? How do I keep my forum safe from this?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 24th 2019, 12:39 am

If you mean forums, the answer is yes.  You can still create forums.

If you mean an email to the founders of forums, then it will be sent to their email address.

Safe?


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 24th 2019, 1:02 am

SLGray wrote:If you mean forums, the answer is yes.  You can still create forums.

If you mean an email to the founders of forums, then it will be sent to their email address.

Safe?
I mean in the future, will Forumsclub replace Forumotion?
As for the email, I mean this
Concerns Regarding the New Feature 01-04-11.thumb.png.76e7db4911bc337028a154faa0728aa6
This "Invitation" that is apparently mandatory after May 1st. Is this being sent to the founder's email or to the forum and if it is sent to the forum then where? What if somebody misses it entirely and their forum gets converted when they didn't want it to?
How do I keep my forum safe from being converted against my will?
Once it is converted it can't be converted back, right? So if I want to fix it if it gets forcibly converted will I have to create an entirely new forum to replace the converted one?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Ape April 24th 2019, 1:25 am

I will try and help here.

Your forum will be safe if you change over or not. There is NO plan to shut Forumotion forums and make you change over to the Forums Clubs.

ForumClubs is still Forumotion and both are hosted by us and that will not change.

We made ForumsClubs just to help you the members all have your forums in one place so you get more members and more see your forum and use it.

It is also a new way to get new sites without making a forumotion forum.

It is just a better way to making a new kind of forum.



Once you have you have made the choice to go over to ForumsClubs then you can not ever go back and your forum will be on the Clubs forever.

If you find you don't like this new system then you are free to delete your forum and make a new one but you will not get to use the old Email address you used before.

My advice is you should really think about this before making the choice to move over to the Clubs.

I can see ForumsClubs being a great new way to get your forums out there and it can be a much more easier way to get your forums open to the public and more members using your site's


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Left1212Concerns Regarding the New Feature Center11Concerns Regarding the New Feature Right112
Concerns Regarding the New Feature Ape_b110
Concerns Regarding the New Feature Keep_s10
Concerns Regarding the New Feature Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 17954
Reputation : 1913
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

View user profile http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 24th 2019, 1:56 am

APE wrote:I will try and help here.

Your forum will be safe if you change over or not. There is NO plan to shut Forumotion forums and make you change over to the Forums Clubs.

ForumClubs is still Forumotion and both are hosted by us and that will not change.

We made ForumsClubs just to help you the members all have your forums in one place so you get more members and more see your forum and use it.

It is also a new way to get new sites without making a forumotion forum.

It is just a better way to making a new kind of forum.



Once you have you have made the choice to go over to ForumsClubs then you can not ever go back and your forum will be on the Clubs forever.

If you find you don't like this new system then you are free to delete your forum and make a new one but you will not get to use the old Email address you used before.

My advice is you should really think about this before making the choice to move over to the Clubs.

I can see ForumsClubs being a great new way to get your forums out there and it can be a much more easier way to get your forums open to the public and more members using your site's

I've already made the choice to avoid Forumsclub like the plague. Everything you just described is basically the exact opposite of what my forums, which are private forums where members all know each other and we don't want random strangers stopping by, needs. From my perspective Forumsclub is a terrible horrible nightmare of a thing for my sites. The problem I'm still panicking over is that letter and what it says.
"You have until May 1st, 2019 to accept or reject this offer. After this date, without any answer from you, the forum will automatically integrate is it is abandoned or inactive".
That whole "automatically integrate" part is concerning because it means it will happen even if I don't want it to. I've had to change some of my emails recently so I'm not sure if I've gotten the email and won't be able to refuse if I have gotten it unless they send it out again.
I don't even know what qualifies as "abandoned or inactive". Does nothing happening on May 1st specifically put my forum at risk of being automatically converted or does something have to have happened in the last month, or year? What kinds of activities make a forum "active"? Is logging in enough or sending PMs between members or does there need to be more than that? Topics posted, replied to, and how many replies?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 24th 2019, 2:49 am

If you read it, you will noticed it says if the forum is inactivity or abandoned, it will be converted to a club.  If your forum has activity, it wil not be converted to a club.

Activity includes posting and logins.


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 24th 2019, 3:14 am

SLGray wrote:If you read it, you will noticed it says if the forum is inactivity or abandoned, it will be converted to a club.  If your forum has activity, it wil not be converted to a club.

Activity includes posting and logins.

I did read that. I asked about qualifications on my last post...
Zeta wrote:I don't even know what qualifies as "abandoned or inactive". Does nothing happening on May 1st specifically put my forum at risk of being automatically converted or does something have to have happened in the last month, or year? What kinds of activities make a forum "active"? Is logging in enough or sending PMs between members or does there need to be more than that? Topics posted, replied to, and how many replies?

So, to be clear at least one person logging in would qualify a forum as "active"? Or is there a certain number or above that has to log in? As the site's creator does my logging in qualify as the site being "active"? And if they log in do they also have to post or is just logging in enough? And what's the timeframe on that before a forum is considered inactive? Does somebody have to log in once a month, once a year, once a day?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 24th 2019, 3:22 am

Posting is best.  Also it would be better if more than one person is posting.


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 24th 2019, 4:16 am

SLGray wrote:Posting is best.  Also it would be better if more than one person is posting.
It may be best or better, but what are the actual requirements? And the timeframe?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 24th 2019, 11:42 pm

There is not a list of requirements that is posted or stated by the main office.


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 25th 2019, 12:06 am

SLGray wrote:There is not a list of requirements that is posted or stated by the main office.
How am I supposed to make sure requirements are met if I don't know exactly what they are?
If there another solution to avert this potential catastrophe? Some kind of script I can add that will prevent the conversion? Is there some way to contact the people in charge of this and tell them I don't want it happening?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 25th 2019, 12:26 am

Have you received the email?  If yes, just refuse the offer.


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 25th 2019, 1:18 am

SLGray wrote:Have you received the email?  If yes, just refuse the offer.
As I said before, I've had to change some of my emails recently, so I'm not sure if I've gotten the email and I won't be able to refuse the "offer" unless they send it out again. Really, it feel much more like a threat than an "offer" or "invitation". When it comes to offers and invitations silence or is as good as a "no", not assumed to be a "yes".
Which brings me back to the previous questions. Is there another solution to avert this potential catastrophe? Some kind of script I can add that will prevent the conversion? Is there some way to contact the people in charge of this and tell them I don't want it happening?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by brandon_g April 25th 2019, 2:32 am

Hello,

@The Godfather may know something about this, but the only way to reach him is for him to reply to this topic.

I have checked the email address for both my main forum and my test forum (the latter of which I havent signed into for over a month and definitely qualifies as inactive in every sense of the word) and I haven't received the email you provided above so I really do not who did and did not get a copy of this email.

We havent heard anything about converting inactive forums automatically though.


Last edited by brandon_g on April 25th 2019, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Concerns Regarding the New Feature Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Concerns Regarding the New Feature Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9908
Reputation : 907
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 25th 2019, 3:07 am

The best thing to do is go here and ask your question:  https://forumsclub.com/forums/f212-support-section/ .   You can post a topic as a guest.


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 25th 2019, 4:18 am

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

@The Godfather may know something about this, but the only way to reach him is for him to reply to this topic.

I have checked the email address for both my main forum and my test forum (the latter of which I havent signed into for over a month and definitely qualifies as inactive in every sense of the word) and I haven't received the email you provided above so I really do not who did and did not get a copy of this email.

We havent heard anything about converting inactive forums automatically though.
I'm not sure who that is?
I saw some topic over in the support section there that basically said that empty forums aren't welcome, "...refuse requests to import test forums or other empty forums" so that may be why your test forum wasn't invited even if it is inactive. You actually posted in that topic too.
Unfortunately, even though its a sure-fire way to keep from being converted I can't just delete all my members so the forum is "empty" and make them rejoin again after May 1st.

SLGray wrote:The best thing to do is go here and ask your question:  https://forumsclub.com/forums/f212-support-section/ .   You can post a topic as a guest.
Tried. Discovered that I can't. I can get to "Start New Topic", type the title, type in a display name, but the text box where I would explain the problem isn't working on my end. I can click it as much as I want but I can't type in it at all. So unless somebody else is going to make the topic and link it to this one I can't get help there.
I need help here. To protect my forums from this. So, is there another solution to avert this potential catastrophe? Some kind of script I can add that will prevent the conversion? Is there some way to contact the people in charge of this and tell them I don't want it happening?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by SLGray April 25th 2019, 8:39 am

Have you tried a different browser or device?


Concerns Regarding the New Feature Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 50441
Reputation : 3478
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by Zeta April 25th 2019, 9:07 am

SLGray wrote:Have you tried a different browser or device?
I've tried all two browsers that I have and I only have 1 device.

I still need these questions answered. Is there another solution to avert this potential catastrophe? Some kind of script I can add that will prevent the conversion? Is there some way to contact the people in charge of this and tell them I don't want it happening?
Zeta
Zeta
Forumember

Posts : 209
Reputation : 2
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by The Godfather April 25th 2019, 11:15 am

hello @Zeta

Zeta wrote:
I mean in the future, will Forumsclub replace Forumotion

absolutely not, they are 2 totally different services!

Zeta wrote:
This "Invitation" that is apparently mandatory after May 1st.

absolutely nothing is mandatory. as its name suggests, it is a proposal that you can either accept or decline

Zeta wrote:
Is this being sent to the founder's email or to the forum and if it is sent to the forum then where?

this invitation is only sent to the forum administrators and no one else

Zeta wrote:
What if somebody misses it entirely and their forum gets converted when they didn't want it to?

as said above and in the invitation email itself, there is no forced automatic conversion! if a forum is still alive and its administrator connects to it, it will not be affected. the automatic conversion at deadline end only concerns dead and abandoned forums without any connection from their admins or members for several years.

in any case, a careful examination of the forum is done by a human operator to check and assess all factors on a case by case basis. we do not do mass processing so no panic.

Zeta wrote:
How do I keep my forum safe from being converted against my will?

we do not make any conversion against the will of the admin ! you are not even concerned you and your forum by this conversion... nevertheless, if you have received the request, you can accept or refuse it and in the worst case if you do not see it your forum not being abandoned will not be converted and no matter what happens, we are here to help you as we have always been. nothing changes. ForumsClub is our new service, a way to diversify no more or less

Zeta wrote:
Once it is converted it can't be converted back, right? So if I want to fix it if it gets forcibly converted will I have to create an entirely new forum to replace the converted one?

as said before, we don't do forced conversion so don't worry

Zeta wrote:
I've already made the choice to avoid Forumsclub like the plague. Everything you just described is basically the exact opposite of what my forums, which are private forums where members all know each other and we don't want random strangers stopping by, needs.

I think you didn't quite grasp the idea of ForumsClub. Anyway, ForumsClub offers the possibility to have a club or a forum. if an admin opts for a forum on ForumsClub
it's exactly the same as on your current Forumotion forums. nothing changes and no one who is not allowed to access your forum will be able to enter it...

Zeta wrote:I still need these questions answered. Is there another solution to avert this potential catastrophe? Some kind of script I can add that will prevent the conversion? Is there some way to contact the people in charge of this and tell them I don't want it happening?

you don't need a script or a marabout because your forum is not even concerned...! and even if it was, it won't be converted to ForumsClub without your agreement. so if you didn't want your forum to be converted to ForumsClub just click NO if you received the invitation letter or do nothing at all if you didn't receive it.

in short, it remains a misunderstanding nothing more. no one will force you to transform your forum into a club or to switch to ForumsClub. no one has sent you or will send you an invitation. and in any case, we do not do mass conversion or automatically.

what you read remains an informative announcement, no more and no less.

if you are ever concerned about this after receiving an invitation or if you have mistakenly requested a conversion of your forum from your admin panel, come back to us to discuss it in more detail and will show you how to avoid conversion if you do not want it.

In the meantime, don't panic, everything is fine and nothing changes. :rose:
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 4644
Reputation : 797

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Concerns Regarding the New Feature

Post by skouliki May 2nd 2019, 2:10 am

Marked as solved

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 12674
Reputation : 1544
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum