The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logging in to the founder account

3 posters

Go down

Solved Logging in to the founder account

Post by Guest December 21st 2019, 12:47 am

Hello,

Feels good to be back I guess  Smile I deleted my forum a while ago. Now I decided I wanted it back, mainly to see what I left on there. I went to the utilities, restored a backup, and surely, the forum was online. Next thing I did was trying to log in to my account. I was certain I knew the password, but it didn't let me log in. Upon trying to reset my password, I found out the security option that doesn't allow founders to do so was set on. I am 99% sure I didn't leave it on, but I suppose restoring the forum set it to its default. I got past this issue through the utilities as well.

I saw the password changing part in the utilities and thought to myself that I could change my password through that and not have to deal with emails. Apparently, and I find this quite counter-intuitive, only the utilities password was changed. I went back to my forum to reset the password there. Got the email, clicked on the link in it and received the following error:
Code:
To activate this user, you must be logged in to your account before clicking on the activation link !
I can imagine, from a programming point of view, how this came to happen. I'm just wondering what can I do to get access to the forum. Many thanks for your help!

Edit:I forgot to mention, I managed to hit the limit of 10 login attempts and have to wait 90 minutes to try again. It's almost 2 in the morning, and I'll go see the new Star Wars movie next morning, so I guess I won't be getting access to the forum as soon as I would have liked to. Sad

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Logging in to the founder account

Post by brandon_g December 21st 2019, 1:21 am

Please send me a pm with the foundation email address of the forum. I can help you with this.

-Brandon

Logging in to the founder account Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Logging in to the founder account Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Logging in to the founder account Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106
Language : English

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 21st 2019, 5:16 am

When you restore a deleted forum, it resets the username and password of the founder account back to the creation of the forum.

Logging in to the founder account Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 25th 2019, 10:19 am

I managed to reset the password through the forum. Thanks everyone for the help. Topic can be closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by skouliki December 25th 2019, 10:43 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 15065
Language : English,Greek

http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com