The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to create users on new Invision forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved Unable to create users on new Invision forum

Post by LBH October 10th 2015, 1:32 pm

I have created a private forum as part of a project, so have disabled account creation on the home page and no part of the forum is visible from the home page - it's log in or nothing.

Now I want to create a few users and give out the logins. However, I can't do this as there is no option to create users in the control panel. First place I looked was Users & Groups, but it wasn't there and then all over the ACP, but nothing. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE, but no difference.

I've tried looking at the FAQ and tutorials on here plus Googling for it before posting, but no go. It's critical that I be able to do this, so I'd really appreciate help with this problem.

Last edited by LBH on October 10th 2015, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LBH
LBH

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Unable to create users on new Invision forum

Post by brandon_g October 10th 2015, 1:36 pm

Hello,

You are correct, there is no way to create accounts via the ACP (Admin panel). You will have to temporarily re enable registering, create the accounts manually that way then activate them and then disable the option again. This will need to be done everytime you want a new user to join or register.

-Brandon

Unable to create users on new Invision forum Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Unable to create users on new Invision forum Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Unable to create users on new Invision forum Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LBH October 10th 2015, 2:56 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly, much appreciated. Smile

I'll have to do that then, but it's a real pain though, not least because I have to faff around creating new mailboxes. I think I can get out of the activation stage though.

I've administrated IP.Board before on another forum that was set up independently by a friend and that allowed users to be created, deleted and much more, so I wonder why this has been removed here? In fact, it looks like various other admin functions have been removed or simplified compared to that other IP.Board installation. Unfortunately that site is no longer around for me to be able to compare features and report the differences here.
LBH
LBH

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g October 10th 2015, 3:06 pm

I understand fully it is a pain, unfornatelly that is just how the system is set up. I believe there is a suggestion here on the support forum somewhere to have something like that added, however, it seems to be buried now good, can't find the thread just looking through the suggestions section. Shocked bwi .

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic Unable to create users on new Invision forum Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by LBH October 10th 2015, 3:55 pm

No problem. I'm curious as hell why it was removed by whomever set up Forumotion, that's all. I suspect it may been done to help stop admin abuses of various kinds, perhaps. I'll bet spammers figure somewhere in there.
LBH
LBH

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g October 10th 2015, 3:58 pm

It wasn't removed, I don't think it was ever a feature on Forumotion. To be clear, Forumotion doesn't use the 'official' versions of forum versions, but modified versions. In other words, in other words the Invision version on Forumotion, is not the 'official' version/platform, but a modified version specfic to Forumotion.

-Brandon

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by LBH October 10th 2015, 4:33 pm

Yes, I realize that. I was referring to features removed from the stock version downloaded off Invision, phpBB etc.
LBH
LBH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 10th 2015, 4:45 pm

That system your talking about was not ever part of FM's data. As far as i know When FM first become out it was made to only use the basic systems and that system you are talking about is an addon / Plugin. As this system is not a real Invision, / phpBB we do not use the Plugin's They Don't even work with with our forums as the staff have made a lot of change to the main codes to get it how we want it.

FM are more easy to use and really basic systems to help new members and the older ones get around the system better.

IP boards have a much bigger data ACP and you have use of the datacenter to add more plugings and we DO NOT offer that data out.

Hope that helps you.

Unable to create users on new Invision forum Left1212Unable to create users on new Invision forum Center11Unable to create users on new Invision forum Right112
Unable to create users on new Invision forum Ape_b110
Unable to create users on new Invision forum Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g October 10th 2015, 5:49 pm

As Ape said, this has never been a feature on FM, FM did opt to add only what it thought was needed for a forum, didn't add the optional stuff that some admin may want and some admins may not want. They stuck to simplicity because that is one of the many purposes of forumotion of a service, you dont need to be tech savvy to start a forum on FM, which is good. Simplicity is good Very Happy. Anyway, as you have marked this solved, I am going to assume it is solved from your end of things, if I am wrong or you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue, feel free to pm me with the link to this topic to request an unlock Wink.

Topic solved and archived ~ brandon_g

Team Leader
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down