Portal Page Coding

Go down

Solved Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 21st 2019, 6:10 am

I am having a difficult time finding the coding of the Portal Page.  I need to edit the codes, but cannot find them in AP.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by SLGray on September 21st 2019, 7:39 am

Do you mean the templates?

If yes, AP (advanced mode) > Display > Templates


Portal Page Coding Keep_s10
Portal Page Coding Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 48312
Reputation : 3392
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by skouliki on September 21st 2019, 7:57 am

the portal is only a page to add widgets
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 9683
Reputation : 1243
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 21st 2019, 10:11 pm

@SLGray wrote:Do you mean the templates?

If yes, AP (advanced mode) > Display > Templates

I did find the templates, but I'm not seeing my images or scripts there. I just see the basic template layout.

When I was active, three years ago, the AP had the full source codes where I could go in and edit the entire Portal as well as the Homepage of my site. I can't find either of those. There was a place where I could work on new skins and it gave a copy of
what the page was looking like as I added the codes in the body of the Homepage.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 21st 2019, 10:14 pm

@skouliki wrote:the portal is only a page to add widgets

Here is a link to my Portal page

http://taggersgonemad.forumotion.com/portal

I was able to edit the very first top portion of the left table, but I cannot find where I can edit the rest of the left table
to remove dead links and add the new links. I can't access any other part of the page to edit the html and css.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by SLGray on September 21st 2019, 11:04 pm

Do you mean the CSS?


Portal Page Coding Keep_s10
Portal Page Coding Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 48312
Reputation : 3392
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 21st 2019, 11:19 pm

@SLGray wrote:Do you mean the CSS?


Yes. It use to be where you could work in the CSS and view your page at the same time as you were working, but now I can't seem to find the CSS at all. Especially for the Portal page. It needs updating in a bad way due to the dead links.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by SLGray on September 21st 2019, 11:43 pm

AP > Display > Colors & Pictures > Colors
CSS Stylesheet Tab
There is a link at the top that you click to see the default CSS.


Portal Page Coding Keep_s10
Portal Page Coding Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 48312
Reputation : 3392
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 22nd 2019, 1:00 am

@SLGray wrote:AP > Display > Colors & Pictures > Colors
CSS Stylesheet Tab
There is a link at the top that you click to see the default CSS.


I think I've tried this, but I'll check it just to be sure. Now, is this to the Portal or the Homepage?
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Draxion on September 22nd 2019, 1:23 am

Aren't the dead links in the widgets?


NEVER provide your founder's account or email
Please provide forum's URL when dealing with design and appearance issues
Don't forget to mark the topic as Portal Page Coding Solved11 when the issue is resolved. This helps the staff greatly.
PM Support is prohibited!
TOS | General Rules | FAQ | Tricks & Tips | Latest Updates | Introduce Yourself

Portal Page Coding Draxio14
Draxion
Draxion
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 2471
Reputation : 318
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.talesoftellene.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 22nd 2019, 2:36 am

@Draxion wrote:Aren't the dead links in the widgets?

I'm not sure! lol It has been three years since I've worked in AP and I have forgotten a lot. I was just looking for the Portal widgets and can't find them anyplace. I click on Portal and all I see are mod chat, and straight line links with edit tools. I can't find the widgets.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Draxion on September 22nd 2019, 3:49 am

Are you seeking this?

ACP(Admin Control Panel) > Modules >  Portal & Widgets > Portal management


NEVER provide your founder's account or email
Please provide forum's URL when dealing with design and appearance issues
Don't forget to mark the topic as Portal Page Coding Solved11 when the issue is resolved. This helps the staff greatly.
PM Support is prohibited!
TOS | General Rules | FAQ | Tricks & Tips | Latest Updates | Introduce Yourself

Portal Page Coding Draxio14
Draxion
Draxion
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 2471
Reputation : 318
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.talesoftellene.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by skouliki on September 22nd 2019, 7:56 am

Cin007 wrote:
@SLGray wrote:Do you mean the templates?

If yes, AP (advanced mode) > Display > Templates

I did find the templates, but I'm not seeing my images or scripts there.  I just see the basic template layout.

When I was active, three years ago, the AP had the full source codes where I could go in and edit the entire Portal as well as the Homepage of my site.  I can't find either of those.  There was a place where I could work on new skins and it gave a copy of
what the page was looking like as I added the codes in the body of the Homepage.  

Cin007 wrote:
@skouliki wrote:the portal is only a page to add widgets

Here is a link to my Portal page

http://taggersgonemad.forumotion.com/portal

I was able to edit the very first top portion of the left table, but I cannot find where I can edit the rest of the left table
to remove dead links and add the new links.  I can't access any other part of the page to edit the html and css.


Please don't double post. Your posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping. Please use the edit button, instead!
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 9683
Reputation : 1243
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 22nd 2019, 8:44 am

@skouliki wrote:
Cin007 wrote:
@SLGray wrote:Do you mean the templates?

If yes, AP (advanced mode) > Display > Templates

I did find the templates, but I'm not seeing my images or scripts there.  I just see the basic template layout.

When I was active, three years ago, the AP had the full source codes where I could go in and edit the entire Portal as well as the Homepage of my site.  I can't find either of those.  There was a place where I could work on new skins and it gave a copy of
what the page was looking like as I added the codes in the body of the Homepage.  

Cin007 wrote:
@skouliki wrote:the portal is only a page to add widgets

Here is a link to my Portal page

http://taggersgonemad.forumotion.com/portal

I was able to edit the very first top portion of the left table, but I cannot find where I can edit the rest of the left table
to remove dead links and add the new links.  I can't access any other part of the page to edit the html and css.


Please don't double post. Your posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping. Please use the edit button, instead!
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

I'll just delete the Portal page. I didn't make those double posts. I was replying to two separate members here. I'm sorry I made such a unlawfully mistake. Mark this topic solved because I've wasted too much time on the Portal page today. Thank you. Solved


Last edited by Cin007 on September 22nd 2019, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 22nd 2019, 8:55 am

@Draxion wrote:Are you seeking this?

ACP(Admin Control Panel) > Modules >  Portal & Widgets > Portal management



I've been looking there as well. I don't even see the widgets that hold everything in the center of the portal.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by skouliki on September 22nd 2019, 10:16 am

take a look here you can find many tutorials https://help.forumotion.com/t59451-frequently-asked-questions#faq8

for the portal and the widgets please read this to help you
https://help.forumotion.com/t10575-the-portal
https://help.forumotion.com/t22589-forum-widgets

you double post again , your posts must be separated by at least 24 hours
if you want to answer to one or more questions without double posting you must use the quote + button
if your request is complete please mark it as solved
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 9683
Reputation : 1243
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by brandon_g on September 22nd 2019, 3:23 pm

Hello,

In Portal Management (where Draxion posted), if you click the 'structure' link it will take you to a page where you can see and manage the portal widgets.

Portal Page Coding Screen50


-Brandon


Portal Page Coding Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Portal Page Coding Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Portal Page Coding Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9365
Reputation : 859
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by SLGray on September 22nd 2019, 7:45 pm

If you want to reply to more than one post, you need to use the multi-quote button in posts.


Portal Page Coding Keep_s10
Portal Page Coding Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 48312
Reputation : 3392
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 23rd 2019, 12:21 am

@SLGray wrote:If you want to reply to more than one post, you need to use the multi-quote button in posts.

Thanks. I'll remember that in the future.
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by SLGray on September 23rd 2019, 12:53 am

Have you checked the widgets?


Portal Page Coding Keep_s10
Portal Page Coding Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 48312
Reputation : 3392
Language : English
Location : United States

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by oneSmile on September 26th 2019, 6:11 pm

I am having a difficult time finding the coding of the Portal Page. I need to edit the codes, but cannot find them in AP.
Thanks. I'll remember that in the future.
oneSmile
oneSmile
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : english

View user profile https://help.forumotion.com/register?step=2&agreement=1&

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Draxion on September 26th 2019, 6:18 pm

@oneSmile wrote:
I am having a difficult time finding the coding of the Portal Page. I need to edit the codes, but cannot find them in AP.
Thanks. I'll remember that in the future.

Please don't hijack someone else's thread, only post in support topics if you can offer a solution or give advice.


NEVER provide your founder's account or email
Please provide forum's URL when dealing with design and appearance issues
Don't forget to mark the topic as Portal Page Coding Solved11 when the issue is resolved. This helps the staff greatly.
PM Support is prohibited!
TOS | General Rules | FAQ | Tricks & Tips | Latest Updates | Introduce Yourself

Portal Page Coding Draxio14
Draxion
Draxion
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 2471
Reputation : 318
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.talesoftellene.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Raven14 on September 26th 2019, 11:32 pm

@Draxion wrote:
@oneSmile wrote:
I am having a difficult time finding the coding of the Portal Page. I need to edit the codes, but cannot find them in AP.
Thanks. I'll remember that in the future.

Please don't hijack someone else's thread, only post in support topics if you can offer a solution or give advice.


I'm sorry. I didn't know I had hijacked a thread.

This issue has been solved. I have deleted the Portal page for now. I plan on rebuild from scratch as it had too many problems. I thought it would be easier
to delete and rebuild than to spend all the extra time trying to fix the dead links and old junk that was on my Portal page.

Thanks to all for offering advice. Hello
Raven14
Raven14
Forumember

Female Posts : 211
Reputation : 1
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by Draxion on September 26th 2019, 11:51 pm

Cin007 wrote:
@Draxion wrote:
@oneSmile wrote:
I am having a difficult time finding the coding of the Portal Page. I need to edit the codes, but cannot find them in AP.
Thanks. I'll remember that in the future.

Please don't hijack someone else's thread, only post in support topics if you can offer a solution or give advice.


I'm sorry.  I didn't know I had hijacked a thread.

This issue has been solved.  I have deleted the Portal page for now.  I plan on rebuild from scratch as it had too many problems.  I thought it would be easier
to delete and rebuild than to spend all the extra time trying to fix the dead links and old junk that was on my Portal page.

Thanks to all for offering advice.  Hello

@Cin007 That was directed to @oneSmile. But since you said this is solved, I'll go ahead and lock the thread.


NEVER provide your founder's account or email
Please provide forum's URL when dealing with design and appearance issues
Don't forget to mark the topic as Portal Page Coding Solved11 when the issue is resolved. This helps the staff greatly.
PM Support is prohibited!
TOS | General Rules | FAQ | Tricks & Tips | Latest Updates | Introduce Yourself

Portal Page Coding Draxio14
Draxion
Draxion
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 2471
Reputation : 318
Language : English
Location : USA

View user profile https://www.talesoftellene.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Portal Page Coding

Post by skouliki on September 27th 2019, 9:38 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules
skouliki
skouliki
Manager
Manager

Female Posts : 9683
Reputation : 1243
Language : English,Greek
Location : Greece

View user profile http://iconskouliki.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum