The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years

Post by J-Master1 January 22nd 2018, 7:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Administrator
Concerned browser(s) : Internet Explorer, Other
Who the problem concerns : All members
When the problem appeared : Forever
Forum link : http://latiaswebs.forumotion.com/u1

Description of problem

Hi there! I am J-master and I registered for this forum today because I was having trouble signing into my account on latiaswebs. I don't remember what I did with my password, but I am clearly not getting the email for the password. I have created a new address because it turns out that I lost it some time ago, and I want to be able to sign onto the forum to check it out. The last person hasn't signed in since 2014, so could you please help me with that?
J-Master1
J-Master1
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years

Post by J-Master1 January 23rd 2018, 12:51 am

Crap, I should've done this in 2015.
J-Master1
J-Master1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years

Post by SLGray January 23rd 2018, 3:46 am

If you are worried about your forum, you should only worry about staff members who have access to the administration panel.  Since you said there is no sign of other staff members on your forum, what are you worried about?

Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51412

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Master1 January 23rd 2018, 4:29 am

No, you misunderstand. There is no sign of anyone else signing onto the forums in over 3 years, mod or normal member. I just said no new members can create a new account.
J-Master1
J-Master1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 23rd 2018, 7:08 am

You can fix it when you gain access to it.

Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51412

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Master1 January 23rd 2018, 7:12 am

Is that finally in less than an hour?
J-Master1
J-Master1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Master1 January 23rd 2018, 1:54 pm

How do I change the setting so new members can now finally register?
J-Master1
J-Master1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g January 23rd 2018, 2:04 pm

Ok,

So I just first want to confirm that the email address has been changed and a new password has been sent according to the ticket, may you confirm this?

Second, so forumotion has a security procedure in place so that forums with no activity have to be manually activated by an admin until the forum has activity. This is to prevent spammers from registering and such. Your members should able to register, but you will have to manually activate their accounts in the admin panel until your forum gets some daily activity.

Last edited by brandon_g on January 23rd 2018, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10110

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Master1 January 23rd 2018, 2:14 pm

Yes, we can. I thought that was because of ban evasion. Probably why it was disabled.

Thank you!
J-Master1
J-Master1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape January 23rd 2018, 2:28 pm

As you can now get on your forum and have no more problems related to this thread it's now locked.
Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Left1212Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Center11Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Right112
Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Ape_b110
Cannot sign into my account and hadn't been able to sign in for years - Page 2 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19212
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2