The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

+26
Sanket
volsfan
Doctor Inferno
SkaterChu
Luka_09
AnandMajumdar
mw3vsg
HaXBoX7
Early Cuyler
john waller 10328
Christos
Sooz
Shadow
justmecookin
Sterretjie
trigonus
paint
efbe
Lonestar Spirit
Brandon
mogoking55
endless013
Sasuke
spiritcharms
Cherry Blossom
kirk
30 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 7 Empty [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

Post by Guest October 20th 2008, 12:14 am

First topic message reminder :

the other day i found out that forumation have removed google ads on the english boards, but i have them on my forum. is this a little problem or have you added them again so we have to pay for them to be removed

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 7 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

Post by justmecookin October 23rd 2008, 4:32 pm

Sterretjie wrote:So what happened about the fact that it was initially a NO ADS forum?

"Create Your Own Free Forum (no ads !)You can completely customize your forum using some of our outstanding features:

Free forum (no ads)
Chat box Portal
Gallery Calendar
Role play game mode
Domain name
Category hierarchy
Reinforced security
Choose your skin
Fill out the form
Connect to your forum

Forums of Note

DarkFX | Digital Alchemy
Rock it
Pregnancy 2 Parenting
Way Of The Ninja
The Hogwarts Experience
Effective Referencing:
All Forumotion.com's forums are optimized for referencing engines such as Google, Live and Yahoo.

Make your own board | Search | Terms of service | Utilities | Languages | Support forum | Litigation | Create a blog
Art, Culture and Leisures | Computers and Internet | Games and RPG | Music and Radio | Nature and Escape | Sciences and Knowledge | Society and Culture | Sports and Hobbies
All rights reserved Copyright 2008 niceboard.com"

Which part didn't I understand so nicely? fufufu

Says it here also

Link where it clearly says no ads

https://www.forumotion.com/index_en.htm
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Language : English

http://justmecookin.foromotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 7 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 4:33 pm

Sterretjie wrote:So what happened about the fact that it was initially a NO ADS forum?

"Create Your Own Free Forum (no ads !)You can completely customize your forum using some of our outstanding features:

Free forum (no ads)
Chat box Portal
Gallery Calendar
Role play game mode
Domain name
Category hierarchy
Reinforced security
Choose your skin
Fill out the form
Connect to your forum

Forums of Note

DarkFX | Digital Alchemy
Rock it
Pregnancy 2 Parenting
Way Of The Ninja
The Hogwarts Experience
Effective Referencing:
All Forumotion.com's forums are optimized for referencing engines such as Google, Live and Yahoo.

Make your own board | Search | Terms of service | Utilities | Languages | Support forum | Litigation | Create a blog
Art, Culture and Leisures | Computers and Internet | Games and RPG | Music and Radio | Nature and Escape | Sciences and Knowledge | Society and Culture | Sports and Hobbies
All rights reserved Copyright 2008 niceboard.com"

Which part didn't I understand so nicely? fufufu

My bad, this is a satellite page of the website that should have been deleted a while ago, it's one out of 100+ pages that were mentioned "no ads" that escaped deletion.
But on all other pages it's been now at least 6-8 months where there was no mention of "no ads", you can check it out via www.archive.org if you think i've deleted all proofs among the last days.

Now that's said, all ads can be deleted for free for all your members, the only people that will see ads will be guests, and it can be deleted for them too by paying.
You must understand that no company can work for free, we've got massive charges here and it's vital to get some incomes so that we can continue growing and offering you major updates, functionalities, and most of all stable forums.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luka_09 October 23rd 2008, 4:38 pm

Luka_09 wrote:can you tell me how are you filtering forums? i mean, some forums have and some forums haven't any ads...
Luka_09
Luka_09
Forumember

Male Posts : 94
Language : CRO

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 4:39 pm

Luka_09 wrote:
Luka_09 wrote:can you tell me how are you filtering forums? i mean, some forums have and some forums haven't any ads...

You need to read my posts, I answered just above the first time you asked...
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 23rd 2008, 4:40 pm

Well I feel very betrayed as he said he would give us the option of removing the ads an he didnt...also have 56 people to open forums from yahoo and will steer them elsewhere...they would flip if treated in such a fashion

Last edited by justmecookin on October 23rd 2008, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterretjie October 23rd 2008, 4:40 pm

No I started to notice that Typlo don't answer me becasue he might feel that I'm having a personal attack on him.

Typlo, it is NOTHING personal. It is a matter UNFORTUNATELY YOU are the one we want our answers from. I sincerely belief that you are a great guy. Unfortunately you dont have such a nice thing to do.

Now that you know it is nothing personal, can we get clarity on the ad thing? You asked me to show you where and I'm sure you had a look and saw it too?
Sterretjie
Sterretjie

Language : Afrikaans/English

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 4:47 pm

Sterretjie wrote:No I started to notice that Typlo don't answer me becasue he might feel that I'm having a personal attack on him.

Typlo, it is NOTHING personal. It is a matter UNFORTUNATELY YOU are the one we want our answers from. I sincerely belief that you are a great guy. Unfortunately you dont have such a nice thing to do.

Now that you know it is nothing personal, can we get clarity on the ad thing? You asked me to show you where and I'm sure you had a look and saw it too?

What clarity can I give you more? I've already made a clear answer above.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 4:48 pm

justmecookin wrote:Well I feel very betrayed as he said he would give us the option of removing the ads an he didnt...also have 56 people to open forums from yahoo and will steer them elsewhere...they would flip if treated in such a fashion

The ads are being deleted for all your members for free, that's the best I can do here, if decisions were mine i could deleted it for all guests for free too, but for the company it would be anyway a really nasty move, and finally a really nasty move for you too if we can't afford to hire new techs to bring you new updates.

What's the point having people lurking your forum without registering anyway? They don't bring anything to your forum, no participation, and don't help it grow... as soon as the lurker becomes an actor of your forum, by registering, the ads disappear.
So no ads for members, that seems to me a good alternative for everyone.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 23rd 2008, 4:52 pm

Typlo wrote:
justmecookin wrote:Well I feel very betrayed as he said he would give us the option of removing the ads an he didnt...also have 56 people to open forums from yahoo and will steer them elsewhere...they would flip if treated in such a fashion

The ads are being deleted for all your members for free, that's the best I can do here, if decisions were mine i could deleted it for all guests for free too, but for the company it would be anyway a really nasty move, and finally a really nasty move for you too if we can't afford to hire new techs to bring you new updates.

What's the point having people lurking your forum without registering anyway? They don't bring anything to your forum, no participation, and don't help it grow, as soon the lurker becomes an actor in your forum, by registering, the ads disappear.

They are on all my pages

justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 4:52 pm

you have to understand they need the income by this you cant expect a free forum without ads or how will they make money, you dont nothing free these days

if you dont want the ads just pay the £12 to remove them it's not much at all or you can pay like around £50 to host your own forum Smile

yes they need to stop making errors that making them look bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm

justmecookin wrote:
Typlo wrote:

What's the point having people lurking your forum without registering anyway? They don't bring anything to your forum, no participation, and don't help it grow, as soon the lurker becomes an actor in your forum, by registering, the ads disappear.

They are on all my pages

general > configuration > activate ads > guests
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 23rd 2008, 4:54 pm

ok so now since we are paying for this new tech can he make sure there arn no bugs in the next update or are we paying for our forums to be messed up again
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterretjie October 23rd 2008, 4:55 pm

Typlo, thank you for the answer.

My friend, our forum is only 7 months old! Dont you think it is a little bit not right to put up ads now while we were under the impression that our forum will be ad free?

I most certainly understand that there are cost involved! Not for one second I dispute that, but for wahat reason on this earth was this creating of a free forum advertised and promoted as ad free? Surely your boss would have done some research before do someting like that?

And bear in mind, 7 months ago is not so long ago! This forum of ours are not that well established. Or do we call 20 plus members established? Our forum sells nothing, generate NO funds what so ever!

The reason I chose to go with Forumotion was because I new before we start that there will be NO FUNDS available to do ANYTHING. And I knew before hand that the nature of our forum will be of such that we can not allow any ads. I have members jumping up and down about the escourt agency ads on a Christian forum! And even how do we allow ads if we claim to say that God will provide in all our needs? These people belief that WE make money out of this?

I'm really not happy and I still feel that the ads must be removed as that was not part of the initial understanding. And clearly it was not a misunderstanding from our side.
Sterretjie
Sterretjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 4:57 pm

we are working on making all next updates bug-free right now, so everything will be done to avoid your forums to be messed up again.

Please allow us some time to bring you updates that will please you, it's not easy for a growing company to satisfy every single users at once, we're no google, we're only a company with 15+ employees, that try to grow to offer you the best of free forums.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 4:57 pm

Sterretjie wrote:Typlo, thank you for the answer.

My friend, our forum is only 7 months old! Dont you think it is a little bit not right to put up ads now while we were under the impression that our forum will be ad free?

I most certainly understand that there are cost involved! Not for one second I dispute that, but for wahat reason on this earth was this creating of a free forum advertised and promoted as ad free? Surely your boss would have done some research before do someting like that?

And bear in mind, 7 months ago is not so long ago! This forum of ours are not that well established. Or do we call 20 plus members established? Our forum sells nothing, generate NO funds what so ever!

The reason I chose to go with Forumotion was because I new before we start that there will be NO FUNDS available to do ANYTHING. And I knew before hand that the nature of our forum will be of such that we can not allow any ads. I have members jumping up and down about the escourt agency ads on a Christian forum! And even how do we allow ads if we claim to say that God will provide in all our needs? These people belief that WE make money out of this?

I'm really not happy and I still feel that the ads must be removed as that was not part of the initial understanding. And clearly it was not a misunderstanding from our side.

tylo as already said that page should of been deleted a while back but someine missed it!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterretjie October 23rd 2008, 5:03 pm

Sure and who needs to pay for that little mishap? If I mess up in my company, my boss dont make me or the customer pay for it! Unfortuately HE must. Or does this principal does not count here?
Sterretjie
Sterretjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterretjie October 23rd 2008, 5:04 pm

Sure and who needs to pay for that little mishap? If I mess up in my company, my boss dont make me or the customer pay for it! Unfortuately HE must. Or does this principal does not count here?
Sterretjie
Sterretjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm

you wouldn't be able to do that on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm

ok so where is this option then?
[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 7 2w74nqb
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm

Typlo,

All seems fine now with my site:

http://www.geekedondungeonsanddragons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm

spook wrote:
Sterretjie wrote:Typlo, thank you for the answer.

tylo as already said that page should of been deleted a while back but someine missed it!!!

I mean yes, it's not like we advertised all over a website that there is no ads, one page was forgotten, and you all jumped on it to proove me wrong, but i'm certain most of people here didn't even register by that page, as it's a really secondary page of the website.

Now Sterretjie you seem to me really demanding, we offer you a free service, free updates, you have no worry handling a server, the only thing you have to do is sit and relax with your forum.
I understand you don't get any revenue from your forum, like most of users that have a forum here, but are we asking you money to keep your forum? no...we only display some ads for guests that will be browsing your forum, all your users will be ad-free.
No penny to pay, no worries to have.

Last edited by Typlo on October 23rd 2008, 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 5:07 pm

Cherry_Blossom_2 wrote:ok so where is this option then?
[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 7 2w74nqb

Are you browsing the forum with the founder account?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm

yeah thats the only admin account i have on there
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 5:10 pm

No she isn't crazy wench!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 5:18 pm

the reason was actually more simple then that finally, you don't have no ads, so no option
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterretjie October 23rd 2008, 5:20 pm

You know Typlo, it is true yes, I am a demanding person. One of my not so good traits.

I have printed the whole thing I got on the net about Forumotion and went through it before I decided to make use.

So if needed, I will send it to you via email.

Though, I will post this answer of yours on our Forum and see what comes from that.

Thank you for all your efforts and answers. I most certainly dont envy you for your job.

Sunny greetings from South Africa.

Sterretjie
Sterretjie
Sterretjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 23rd 2008, 5:20 pm

so i am deffietly not getting ads if so whats wrong with me site lmao
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 5:26 pm

Laughing not till typlo get around turning them on for you Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 23rd 2008, 5:29 pm

then i may take a trip to france and break his fingers lmao
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 6:39 pm

What about the forums like mine that have just paid to have ads removed for members?
Will there be a refund?

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next