The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

+26
Sanket
volsfan
Doctor Inferno
SkaterChu
Luka_09
AnandMajumdar
mw3vsg
HaXBoX7
Early Cuyler
john waller 10328
Christos
Sooz
Shadow
justmecookin
Sterretjie
trigonus
paint
efbe
Lonestar Spirit
Brandon
mogoking55
endless013
Sasuke
spiritcharms
Cherry Blossom
kirk
30 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 8 Empty [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

Post by Guest October 20th 2008, 12:14 am

First topic message reminder :

the other day i found out that forumation have removed google ads on the english boards, but i have them on my forum. is this a little problem or have you added them again so we have to pay for them to be removed

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 8 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

Post by mw3vsg October 23rd 2008, 7:45 pm

Typlo wrote:For people who don't wish ads anymore, a new option has been added :
general > Ads are disabled > choose the option you wish.

Please although wait a few minutes for the modifications to be done.

Hi Typlo,

Where is this setting? I have looked and looked all over the forum and can't find it anywhere!

Dave
mw3vsg
Forumember

Male Posts : 33
Language : English

http://www.QSOUK.com

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 8 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum?

Post by Brandon October 23rd 2008, 7:47 pm

Typlo wrote:There will be always ads for guests unless you pay, but checking "guests" will deactivate them for all members.
ridiculous
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by mw3vsg October 23rd 2008, 7:51 pm

Typlo wrote:
spook wrote:
Sterretjie wrote:Typlo, thank you for the answer.

My friend, our forum is only 7 months old! Dont you think it is a little bit not right to put up ads now while we were under the impression that our forum will be ad free?

I most certainly understand that there are cost involved! Not for one second I dispute that, but for wahat reason on this earth was this creating of a free forum advertised and promoted as ad free? Surely your boss would have done some research before do someting like that?

And bear in mind, 7 months ago is not so long ago! This forum of ours are not that well established. Or do we call 20 plus members established? Our forum sells nothing, generate NO funds what so ever!

The reason I chose to go with Forumotion was because I new before we start that there will be NO FUNDS available to do ANYTHING. And I knew before hand that the nature of our forum will be of such that we can not allow any ads. I have members jumping up and down about the escourt agency ads on a Christian forum! And even how do we allow ads if we claim to say that God will provide in all our needs? These people belief that WE make money out of this?

I'm really not happy and I still feel that the ads must be removed as that was not part of the initial understanding. And clearly it was not a misunderstanding from our side.

tylo as already said that page should of been deleted a while back but someine missed it!!!

I mean yes, it's not like we advertised all over a website that there is no ads, one page was forgotten, and you all jumped on it to proove me wrong, but i'm certain most of people here didn't even register by that page, as it's a really secondary page of the website.

Now Sterretjie you seem to me really demanding, we offer you a free service, free updates, you have no worry handling a server, the only thing you have to do is sit and relax with your forum.
I understand you don't get any revenue from your forum, like most of users that have a forum here, but are we asking you money to keep your forum? no...we only display some ads for guests that will be browsing your forum, all your users will be ad-free.No penny to pay, no worries to have.

If it's not that much of a problem why don't you add them to YOUR forum. We don't want them for the same reason you don't want them on the FORUMATION forum. That is it makes it look cheap.
If you advertise something it must be sticked to! No Ads means NO ADS! If I buy something and it has the wrong price there is a law to say that it has to be sold at that price until it gets changed on the shop shelf. This is due to FALSE ADVERTISING!
mw3vsg
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 23rd 2008, 7:52 pm

mw3vsg wrote:
Typlo wrote:For people who don't wish ads anymore, a new option has been added :
general > Ads are disabled > choose the option you wish.

Please although wait a few minutes for the modifications to be done.

Hi Typlo,

Where is this setting? I have looked and looked all over the forum and can't find it anywhere!

Dave

lol...you wont find them because they didnt add anything...guest will still see ads unless you buy the credits....
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

http://justmecookin.foromotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 23rd 2008, 7:52 pm

[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 8 A0yk4g

this is a lie. remove this immediately
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 23rd 2008, 7:55 pm

My ads are gone...wont be put at risk of a lawsuit if a kid happens on it and clicks on some filth chat...
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 23rd 2008, 7:57 pm

I'm not giving them even more money to remove them. I'll just make an announcement for all of my members to use ad-block-plus with their firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 23rd 2008, 8:07 pm

if I want to go about moving my forums, how would I transfer it over to another service??
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mw3vsg October 23rd 2008, 8:08 pm

You can't. They took that option off before they put the ads on. Clever hey!!!

Have to start over...
mw3vsg
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 23rd 2008, 8:14 pm

what if I paid for the code
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by justmecookin October 23rd 2008, 8:17 pm

Brandon wrote:what if I paid for the code

It removes the ads for 2 years
justmecookin
justmecookin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 23rd 2008, 8:28 pm

I'm talking about moving my forum to a different service. I.e. IP Board
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry Blossom October 23rd 2008, 8:33 pm

they won't give u database access
Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom
Forumember

Female Posts : 996

http://cherrydesigns.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm

mw3vsg read the topic you will find this but it dont get rid of the google ads for guests.

justmecookin wrote: It removes the ads for 2 years
you can only remove them for a year then you have to pay again

Brandon that page should of been deleted a while back for crying out load read the posts in the topic you would see this.

Brandon wrote:I'm talking about moving my forum to a different service. I.e. IP Board

they place google ads on I.P Boards forum too lol! on any free forum soon then later you are going to get ads that a fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms October 23rd 2008, 9:30 pm

spook wrote:
justmecookin wrote:Well I feel very betrayed as he said he would give us the option of removing the ads an he didnt...also have 56 people to open forums from yahoo and will steer them elsewhere...they would flip if treated in such a fashion

you have to understand they need the income by this you cant expect a free forum without ads or how will they make money, you dont nothing free these days

if you dont want the ads just pay the £12 to remove them it's not much at all or you can pay like around £50 to host your own forum Smile

yes they need to stop making errors that making them look bad.

Well thats not true, my partner is just now building a forum phbbp3 that has no ads what so ever, oh yeah and its free and as been running for at least 12months. So it can be done, and if it wasnt for all the hard work ive put into my forum, id be off to that place too now. Nobody seems to listen, ive sent screen shots to show these sex chat rooms im getting, but they are still there. We have put up with some rubbish over the months here but this for me is just taking the P*** now.

Twisted Evil
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Female Posts : 289

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 9:39 pm

spiritcharms wrote: Well thats not true, my partner is just now building a forum phbbp3 that has no ads what so ever, oh yeah and its free and as been running for at least 12months. So it can be done, and if it wasnt for all the hard work ive put into my forum, id be off to that place too now. Nobody seems to listen, ive sent screen shots to show these sex chat rooms im getting, but they are still there. We have put up with some rubbish over the months here but this for me is just taking the P*** now.

Twisted Evil

lmao they have to make a income ads will go on that forum soon or later or you going have to paid for extra space on your forum at the end of the day they will make you pay for something Laughing they are listen and google is is there main income but you not listening to typlo, if you dont want google ads then just pay the 12 fee to remove them Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by mogoking55 October 23rd 2008, 11:20 pm

Hi Typlo said that when our members log in there will be no ads thats good i like that but can they move this then
[Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 8 Picture2-1

You can choose below the additional time during which ads will be disabled for your members

but they are already gone for free so this need to be gone

and also what does this mean
the ads are deactivated for your members so are they there or not cause i still had a other month left for this
mogoking55
mogoking55
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe October 23rd 2008, 11:34 pm

As i posted earlier this is exactly what happened with another popular forum provider that advertised free forums with no ads....and there are many more out there doing the same. Sooner or later they will too hit every one for add removal as well because no free forum provider can go on delivering free forums without any income for long. I am prepared to stay on and pay for my ad removal because if i move on it will start all over again with someone else...I understand Typlo's comments that it does cost money to provide free forums and income has to come in to provide us with the forums we have.
What i would like to see and i hope forumotion considers this is. Is for forumotion to keep the cost of ad removal very low so most can afford to do so....perhaps even offer charity groups a discount of some kind providing they prove they are a charity organization.
Just a thought.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 11:50 pm

efbe wrote:As i posted earlier this is exactly what happened with another popular forum provider that advertised free forums with no ads....and there are many more out there doing the same. Sooner or later they will too hit every one for add removal as well because no free forum provider can go on delivering free forums without any income for long. I am prepared to stay on and pay for my ad removal because if i move on it will start all over again with someone else...I understand Typlo's comments that it does cost money to provide free forums and income has to come in to provide us with the forums we have.
What i would like to see and i hope forumotion considers this is. Is for forumotion to keep the cost of ad removal very low so most can afford to do so....perhaps even offer charity groups a discount of some kind providing they prove they are a charity organization.
Just a thought.

£12 to remove ads is not much really & if it is for you then why dont you ask your members donate for the up keep of your forum, just ask for 100 credits per people it wouldn't be much for your members and for the people who donate give them a vip rank Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 23rd 2008, 11:55 pm

And you can get ahold of the database there is a way. You just can't get the member passwords.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon October 24th 2008, 12:06 am

lol @ it costing more money to have ads disabled for guests for 1 year than it does to buy a domain name.

pffttttttttttttt
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 24th 2008, 12:13 am

what about your hosting Laughing you need a good host so you dont get hacked so that will cost you another £ 50 a year lol! i dont know people are moaning about £12 getting a joke

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms October 24th 2008, 1:02 am

spook wrote:
spiritcharms wrote: Well thats not true, my partner is just now building a forum phbbp3 that has no ads what so ever, oh yeah and its free and as been running for at least 12months. So it can be done, and if it wasnt for all the hard work ive put into my forum, id be off to that place too now. Nobody seems to listen, ive sent screen shots to show these sex chat rooms im getting, but they are still there. We have put up with some rubbish over the months here but this for me is just taking the P*** now.

Twisted Evil

lmao they have to make a income ads will go on that forum soon or later or you going have to paid for extra space on your forum at the end of the day they will make you pay for something Laughing they are listen and google is is there main income but you not listening to typlo, if you dont want google ads then just pay the 12 fee to remove them Very Happy

This isnt about the money this is about principle, These forums were offered to us ad free,(there as been screen shots to prove that fact) then all of a sudden they appear, not only that though, but inappropriate ads too. cant anybody else see this, we have been tricked really. one of the promotional things here was no ads, you build your forum up so you get established, we cant get to the database to move our post somewhere else, so its either pay up or put up with the sex chat ads and sex shop ads, having to watch what you say in your topics just in case google picks up some keyword it thinks it can then put down some ads for anything it wants. its also been stated too that our forums get manually evaluated to make sure our forums are ok to carry google ads, if there arent any illegal stuff going on like file sharing or downloadable films and what have you then you get ads, if there are then these forums dont get ads because google will shut down forumotions google ad account. So if you dont want ads then all you have to do is deal in illegal copyrighted content and you will be fine. hows that right. This isnt about 12 quid, this is about principle, for some there is more important things in life than money. i certainly wont be forced into paying a penny.
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 24th 2008, 1:08 am

READ THE TOPIC AGAIN!!!!!

typlo as already said that page should of been deleted a while back how many more time do i have to tell you, forumotion as to make some kind of income and this is it.

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms October 24th 2008, 1:25 am

spook wrote:READ THE TOPIC AGAIN!!!!!

typlo as already said that page should of been deleted a while back how many more time do i have to tell you, forumotion as to make some kind of income and this is it.

Shocked
i did read what typlo had to say, the fact is the promotional page was there when i signed up, and so it was for many others too. In business its called false advertising, and i should know as i run two business.But its fine spook if you want to get pushed around and just lay down and take it thats your prerogative, many members just dont feel like that though, but they just dont want to lose their forums so really dont say anything, which is why so many people are getting disheartened with forumotion now, its just one thing after the other.

what next i wonder.... Cool
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 24th 2008, 1:40 am

if you run 2 business why cant your run your own forums? blackeye

it's looks like you just moaning for the sake of it, if you dont want the ads on your forum just pay the £12 forumotion need the income or your forum will closed down simple as Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe October 24th 2008, 2:30 am

spook wrote:if you run 2 business why cant your run your own forums? blackeye

it's looks like you just moaning for the sake of it, if you dont want the ads on your forum just pay the £12 forumotion need the income or your forum will closed down simple as Smile
Please take this lightly...some forum owners can't afford to pay 12 pounds or what ever currency it is..it may not seem much to some but it's a lot to others. Also many feel embarrassed asking for donations, i know i do. Very Happy
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by SkaterChu October 24th 2008, 2:34 am

efbe wrote:

Please take this lightly...some forum owners can't afford to pay 12 pounds or what ever currency it is..it may not seem much to some but it's a lot to others. Also many feel embarrassed asking for donations, i know i do. Very Happy

Just Buy No ads.

And You cn Buy Credits through Mobile Phome a.k.a SMS
Text AP to 88999 £1.50 Per Text and you get 100 Creds per Txt
SkaterChu
Forumember

http://kisshabboforum.justdiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms October 24th 2008, 3:15 am

i think you will find that i can and do run my own forum quite nicely thank you, if not boot licking is moaning for the sake of it, then so be it. Its only a fool who would stand up in favour of this ad move, or somebody who is so fearful of losing their forum that they fall into line when told. you have been told and so you paid.. obviously you cant understand the concept of a principle. im a spiritual forum that displays sex chat ads, leading to sex shops. its not for me to pay to get those off just because im told to. They shouldnt be on my forum in the first place.
sorry that concept is too complicated for you to understand [Only-Topic] why have i got google ads on my forum? - Page 8 Whistle

"yawn"
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 24th 2008, 3:24 am

spook wrote:READ THE TOPIC AGAIN!!!!!

Shocked
So why is it on the main forumotion.com page that excuse won't even convince a 5 year old?
The web ddress for this forum is https://help.forumotion.com or should this have been deleted too.
If the page shown had been on for instance forumotion.net/biz or something similar I would believe it to be a satellite advert but on the main forumotion.com I don't think so.
So typlo can we have an answer to this and to my earlier question are the forums that paid after ads were foisted onto us to have them removed for members going to get a refund?
Also just to be awkward when is the chat disconnect going to be fixed?

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next